- Every single hair I have on my head has a small diameter. Seriously, my boyfriends hair is twice as wide!
- I don't have that many hairs. Last month my aunt asked me if I go bald in some places :(
- conventional shampoo - it is much too harsh for me and leaves my head dry and itchy
- natural shampoo containing coconut - makes my head snow like winter wonderland!
- anything containing olive oil - makes my hair instant fat head. Literally the same evening or latest next morning
- Aleppo soap - a very natural soap containing Olive oil (mentioned right above) and Laurel oil - this lead to dry scalp with fatty hair. I kid you not!
This is now my third soap order. I fared rather well with some of the soaps by Chagrin Valley (from the US), but in the end found a better German alternative. If you have dry hair, I still recommend to try the butter bar conditioner which was unfortunately to fatty for my hair! The order you see below was from Steffis Hexenküche and contains all soaps Steffi offers without coconut and low olive oil content.
The smaller pieces are the ones that currently reside in my shower, one is Olive-Babassu* by Chagrin Valley, the other Honey Babassu by Steffis Hexenküche. Actually, I also use a little more than this:
When I wash my hair, I wet my hair and rub the soap allover it until there is plenty of foam. Some people recommend to only wash the scalp but my hair is too short! Next step is to rinse my hair with water. The little container is Vitamin C which I use for an acidic rinse. Soap is basic which opens up the hair particles and makes it dull and hard to comb. For my acidic rinse I simply fill my jug with water, add two of the little spoons of vitamin c (the spoon is in the container and measures exactly one daily dose of vit c) and pour it over my head. I rinse immediately with water again - not because it is dangerously acidic but because I always shower as quickly as possible! You could use any vinegar instead of the vitamin c, but like soap, vitamin c is spill proof!
After this procedure, my hair is easily comb able and soft. I let it air dry and have shiny and pretty hair! ; )
Have you considered using soap for your hair? And which ones did you try?
*leftover from my trial days and just to expensive to throw away... I use it every thrid wash, but have to wash after 1 day instead of every third!