1) I always forget to take "In progress" pictures. I'm quite a quick worker, so once I start sewing, I usually get a lot done in relatively little time. Ask Neisella if you don't believe me! ^^
2) When a garment or project really frustrates me, I either cut it up and put it in the trash (has happened in the past *blush*) or hide it in my UFO pile before I can cut it up.
I hardly produce wadders anymore - I usually notice before I'm done and stop sewing, so I can either recycle the fabric or just throw it out. But don't think I never make sewing mistakes! I have so far
- sewn sleeves into any possible hole of the garment
- forgotten about closures and then had to improvise with hook and eye tape because there was not enough fabric for a zipper
- forgotten about the changes I usually do with patterns from companies (Burda: elongate lower parts and sleeves, Simplicity: sew 1-2 sizes smaller that my actual size,...)
- Used the wrong fabric - although that happens more seldom nowadays
- cut patterns the wrong size (mostly too large)
But I was lucky: Instead of having too little fabric to cover my waist, my mistake left me with enough fabric to ruffle it a bit on the waist and still have a fitting skirt (as 6 times 2/8th is actually 1.5 ;) ):
I only added 2 lanes of lace to the otherwise plain skirt and voila - another saved project!