Yesterday I felt a bit better than the day before and felt able to do a little sewing. And by a little sewing I meant: Cut and sew a Victorian skirt. I originally planned to visit the Amphi festival next weekend, but I'm not sure if my health would be to happy about the stress that a festival always brings. On the other hand, if I'll go, I want to wear appropriate outfits! ^^
So anyway, I was bored out of my mind and decided to sew a skirt. I had this fabric for quite some time now, I bought it back together with the green satin for the 1860's crinoline. The colour is a very deep wine and it looks great with my hair. I had seven meters, which I thought enough for skirt and over skirt.
The pattern was based on the Burda pattern 7880 but very much adapted. I added a little train and a ruffle border which I hemmed and ruffled with the new serger. Also, in the Kanzashi making frenzy, I added some of the prettier flowers to the border between skirt and ruffle: