I just realised that I never told you about the amazing blog of "Professor Z", a fellow gothic in academia. While she is also writing her PhD thesis, she is in the field of historical arts while I'm in human genetics. She often speaks about the troubles and little successes on her blog which I can very much relate to! Writing a thesis is hard, but she does post a lot more often than me. Not only does she include lot of outfits, but she also has a feature named "Bat fit" which is essentially gothy folks gathering together to get fit and maybe loose a little weight. I can only recommend visiting her blog!
She also does this feature of a "Homework Assignment" which I'd like to participate in. This month's topic is - how very fitting so close to Valentine's day!- "Date Night". I actually do think that date nights are necessary to keep a relationship alive. Let m define date night first: A night were both partners consciously spend time together. This does not include sitting on the couch while watching TV. Of course you can do a movie night at home with a (rented) DVD, but you have to plan in advance and omit all other electronic devices. Sitting next to each other on the couch while surfing the Internets and having David Letterman on in the background doesn't qualify as date night!
|from the Disney movie "Lady and the Tramp"|
So what do we actually do for date night? A lot of things:
- Playing video games together (old school like Super Nintendo Mario Cart or new stuff like Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii)
- Go to the movies - we both like action and zombies, so choosing a movie is quite easy! The next one will be "Die Hard 5"!
- Visit Zoos. We both like animals, so this is always a winner!
- Go to a fancy restaurant - since this is expensive, we don't do it very often. But every once in a while, we try something we can't cook at home like Egyptian, Mexican or Japanese food
- Cooking dates - where we try new stuff we never cooked at home, sometimes inspired by the stuff we ate in the restaurants or various cook books
- Go shopping - no envy here, but the boyfriend likes to shop. So sometimes we go to the mall or the city centre or some flea market and buy some stuff!
- Movie date night at home - As I said, it is hard to put the PC and cell phone aside, but when we watch his Bond Movie collection or other movies from his extensive collection we also get some quality time together
- Sports - this is kind of tricky since I'm not that much into team sports, but I'll try!
- Visiting sights - this weekend we did the SeaLife centre! We also like the parks nearby which are plenty!