- acrylic glass cabochons
- nail polish in various colours
- settings for said cabochons
- quick setting glue
- chains + pair of tongs
- hot glue gun + glue (try to never be out of glue sticks, I usually come up with great ideas when the glue is gone!)
Next add break, next layer of nail polish. The time between the add breaks is usually enough to dry the nails polish! I don't need more than three layers of polish, so this takes up 3 add breaks.
In the fourth add break, I'll glue the cabochon to the setting with fast setting glue. When only watching one episode (of Bones for example), this is it. If I watch a movie, I usually have 2 more add breaks. So I can continue...
- For a choker: In the next add break, I'll cut enough lace to wrap around my neck. I sew on ribbons for closure or press on the metal snap buttons (see picture below, I believe they are called CAM snaps?!). Last add break, and the only thing that is left to do is to glue the cabochon (in the setting) to the lace for my choker.
- Or, if I want to do a chain instead of a choker: In the first add bread, I'll cut the chains with the tongs to the length I want and add rings to the cabochon setting. In the last add break, I will put the chains in the rings and close the rings. At last, I'll add the closure to the chain.