Thursday, December 22, 2011

Burda style 1/2012

Let's do the time warp again! *sing* Burda let's us travel into the next year altough we still have more than one week to go... And I found the missing underwear section in the Burda issue for January 2012, so all is good now!


No wonder I include a wonderfull selection of 50s inspired underwear/sleepwear in the hitlist, right? The panty on the left represents the whole collection which I would love to sew in future. I think about buying this issue, despite next year only starting in 9 days! Maybe 2012 will be the year of pretty Burdas and not of the end of the world as the Mayas predicted?
Second place goes to a nice an comfy cardigan. If I had this pattern some weeks ago, I would have used one of my knits from fabricmarket for this pattern. Unfortunately, they a both cut and sewn... But I like the ruffly collar. It looks so luxurious!
The best pattern in my eyes is the ballerina wrap cardigan. Although itÄs not the most elaborate pattern, it is right at the heart of fashion right now. I saw some in H&M as well as Zara last week! Also, I would love to have one in dove grey for comfy sitting on the couch and reading...
But of course Burda has to include some saggy non-fashion in this issue as well. The dress on the left looks a bit frankenstein-ed because of lack of fabric. I also think that putting glossy satin in places where most women have trouble zones is a bit annoying. Who would not want to put some emphasize on the slightest curve of belly or the smallest of protruding hips?
Second worst goes to the wonderful unanimated ruffle ont he right. The dress itself could use some shaping, not even plus size women have as many figure problems as this cut may hide. 
And what about the jacket in the middle? You will certainly look as if you have pulled down shoulders, no chest at all and a lot of belly fat - a very flattering look on everyone! If you look attractive in this jacket, you can probably pull of a bag of coals as well...

No comments: