Besides the tornure, I realised that I might also get started on the other WGT outfits. For the steampunky outfit (although I found out that due to my colorway it might be more dieselpunk than steampunk) I was inspired by fräulein mieze and wanted to recreate her striping technique. For this I needed:
Scissors, tape (waterproof), a bowl with water, fabric paint (I used Anthrazit), a paintbrush and an ironing board to fixate the colours for washing. Then I
Cut the fabric and layed in falt on an area covered with trashbags (seeping colour stains the wooden floor, I found out the hard way... *blush*). I just made up some bloomers pattern, but you can find a lot of patterns on the internet...
Next step was to tape the stripes. In the beginning I actually measured the width, but years of sewing helped me with guesstimating after the initial 5 minutes...
Then I added a blob of colour to the lower end of the stripe. I always did 3-4 stripes at the same time. After spreading the colour a little with the application brush (small to get inside the paint pot), I started to brush the colour to the top with a wide, wet brush:
And repeat, repeat, repeat until satisfied with the result! After drying for 12 hours, I ironed the fabric according to the instructions on the paint and viola
The last step was to sew the bloomers, apply elastics and here is the finished result: