Monday, July 19, 2010

Black thumb? No way!

My "garden" is still growing and it makes me really happy to see all the green and get sweet strawberries right from my window sill...


But also the herbs are growing. This is my basil after cutting two thirds and prepaering pesto. I guess the next pestosession is not to far in the future...


This is salad which we grow in small quantities for the gerbils. They love it, but the harvest is to small to fill the plate of two grown up humans...


The rosemarry is also growing and will bring future roasted potatoes and meat from the oven.


This peppermint is a sibling of wollmaus's mint on her balcony. It looks a little troubled because of the mochitos we had yesterday!


Our last buy was this Aloe vera, which will be helpful in case of sunburn or mosquito bites.


This orchid was bought in Ikea. Itis the only plant in our living room without direct use except that it's pretty


And we found plants that grow in our north facing windows, so we finally have some green in the kitchen...


And these beauties are growing in my room. I know the orchid which was a gift from BF's mum, but I'm still not sure what the other two are. They were given to me from my dad's girlfriend because they were suffering from her sunny balcony and the huge amount of care she gives them. They seems happier now in the dark and almost forgotten! ;)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Die Pflanzen bei dir im Zimmer sind Dieffenbachia.
http://www.gaertnereischlueter.de/zimmerpflanzen/gruenpflanzen.html

MindLess said...

Hey danke, wieder was gelernt! Und tatsächlich mögne sie Schatten und regelmässig Wasser. Nur mit der Luftfeuchtigkeit und dem Düngen stimmt das Lexikon nicht mit mir überein. Und sie sollen giftig sein - passt ja zu mir! ^^