Friday, December 11, 2009

12/11/2009

dress, blouse and socks (you can see them in the small pic on the right): H&M, tights: TCM, boots: New Rock, necklace (upper right): shamrock from my mum, flower from my aunt

I went all out today and tried to capture my makeup as well. As you might notice, it was only partly a success. I wonder how the other makeup gurus on the interwebs do it? Special cameras or just better ones than mine? I think the outfit has a severe hippy look going on if you mind the boots.

In case anybody wonders why I don't were long sleeves although it's pretty cold outside: Inside my pleather jacket the lining is very smooth satin. And while I will were gloves to not freeze my fingers of (and packed a cardigan, just in case) I like the feel of satin on my skin. Yeah, I'm starnge like that...

While the day has only half passed and I plan to do a lot more things today (going to a party, visit my bf ...), I already finished a task I started yesterday eveni... oh well, I admit it: night. This year I wanted to add pralines to the usual cookie christmas packages my extended family gets for christmas. So yesterday I made the ganache and today I rolled them and dipped them in chocolate. I can say so far that the plain chocolate ones are my favourites but they were a pain in the butt to roll and dip. I even made Raffaello (a german sweet with coconut) though I hate coconut flavor! But my mum loves them and the recipe is pretty good:


selfmade Raffaello (recipe adapted from mela)

50 g butter or margarine
200 g liquid sweet cream
400 g white chocolate
200 g coconut flakes
1/4 tsp vanilla (or vanilla flavour)

Carefully melt butter and white chocolate in the cream in a double boiler. When molten, add vanilla and stir. While stirring add 125 g of coconut flakes to the mixture. !It might be still liquid-y, but that is okay!
Cool for at least an hour in the fridge (I left it there over night).
Form little balls with your hands (about one teaspoon for each ball) and roll in the leftover coconut flakes. Shelf life in the fridge is 2-3 weeks.

You can also add half an almond like the original contains. But I was to lazy and out of almonds! But I dipped them in white chocolate because they have to travel to my family and will keep their form better when hardened by chocolate...


Maybe I will take some pics once they are finished. Or of the cookie packages, so you can see all their glory...

No comments: