Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tackle it: Rock my chair!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
Today is tuesday again and I thought that coming back with a project is better than just sneakily trying to get into blogging again... *g*
So, my project... As a poor student I have to make most of what I got and when my office chair tore open, I decided to upholster it by myself. My budget was very low, but in the end my new funky leopard-punk-office chair cost me about 4 € (5 $). I already had the fabric at hand (2m for 1 € each) and had to buy more staples. The foam was an used matress my boyfriend used for 6 month. So here is what I used:
Photobucket

On the pic you can see that I already removed the parts to be upholstered. Then I removed the fabric from the seat and the back first. I found that the old foam was glued to the wood, so I just added the new foam I cut from the matress.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The next step was to staple the fabric I cut generously to the wooden parts. I folded the fabric around the corners, but in the end a stretchy fabric would have looked better, I guess...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Well in the end I don't care, the chair is more comfy now and still looks okay-ish ^^. After cutting of the escess fabric, repeat for the back and screw both finished parts back on the chair frame.
Photobucket

And here is the before - after!

Photobucket -->Photobucket

No comments: