- First things first: How to choose your fabric, what kind of materials do you need and how to cut the pattern pieces from your fabric
- Coming out (and in again): How to insert a busk and why you should buy one
- Sewing the main bodice: Technique 1 where the lining and the outer fabric are sewn in one, which gives a really nice interior!
- The last panel: Why it takes a little extra work and how you can keep your corset from wrinkling
- Adding the bias tape: How you can make and sew on bias tape
- Heavy metal: What boning you need for which occasion and how to cut it if you are not Superman!
- Grommets for lacing: Which tools are needed and how to go the easy route
- Modesty panel: Not necessary, but very nice to have!
How to sew a corset
After talking a bit about how you can find a well-fitting corset and which corsets fit which body type, I recently wrote a tutorial on how to sew your own corset. If you have a good pattern, the options you can make for yourself are nearly endless!