Friday, December 30, 2016

Week in Review - 52/2016

What did I see?
Although we all have probably eaten our own weight in cookies, I cannot resist the amazing pictures by Matteo Stucci in I Dolci de Gulliver. Who would have thought that Sweets could make such amazing backgrounds for mini figures!?



What did I listen to?
Audio books. Mostly Harry Potter.

What did I ask myself?
How to organize my sewing space?

What did I read?
"The girl with all the gifts" by Mike Carey. A book about a special class of children during a zombie apocalypse. I really can't write anything else without spoilering heavily, but this book was given to me by my brother for my birthday and OMG - best gift ever! Seems like a movie has been made an will be in cinemas next year...

What did I work on?
Not much. I felt like being lazy

I was happy about...
Spending time with my family and having some days off

I was annoyed about...
So many people in the city! And why were only two of my three sewing shelves delivered on time?

I bought...
Cosmetics and care products from lush and gifts from Rituals. I always use the after Christmas sales to stock up on gifts for the rest of the year!

7 comments:

Pixel Pixie said...

My boyfriend's mother (who is from Berlin) taught me how to make proper German gingerbread over the holiday. And we ate the whole batch in four days. So we have probably also eaten our own weight in cookies.

MindLess said...

@ Pixel Pixie: Oh, those are delicious! And it's always good to keep family recipies alive...

Coffee and Tea said...

Wow, die Bilder sind klasse - auch wenn ich nichts Süßes mehr sehen kann ^^
Bei Lush habe ich auch mit dem Weihnachtsgeld zugeschlagen...
Ich wünsche Dir einen Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
Viele Grüße Tea

Jade said...

Gosh, those Gulliver inspired delicacies are amazing! I too get some nice little things from the after Christmas sales, though usually for myself. I always buy one of those fancy lotion/beauty stuff gift boxes, because no-one ever buys me one as an actual present. :D Happy New Year!

MindLess said...

@ Coffee and Tea: Ich wünsche dir ein frohes Neues! Lush lohnt sich eben zwischen den Jahren am Meisten...;)

@ Jade: Oh, I always hope that my friends and family don't misunderstand me givin them things for washing themselves. I never imply smellyness, but I think it's good to give things that won't linger forever at their homes like little knickknacks!

Frau von Nachtschatten said...

Großartige Fotografien!

MindLess said...

@ Frau von Nachtschatten: Wen ich die so ansehe könnte ich schon wieder... Das Schokotörtchen! *sabber*