Friday, September 30, 2016

Week in Review 39/2016

What did I see?
I'm almost in the mood for Halloween (Which goth isn't?) although the move stops me from decorating anything. So I might put my gothy decorations up here in my blog and maybe later in the new flat! Atomic Pixies made a lovely picture of the "Scream Queens" - Do you recognise all of them?



What did I listen to?
Finally done with the apocalyptic stuff! Now it is back to music - Love like Blood - Dying Nation. During the 90s there was a time where right wing people in Germany gained confidence and started physically attacking foreigners. There were many songs by left wing bands who are still present in my mind today. This is one of them. I'm kind of more afraid of these people today than with 10 years. And I feel equally helpless...

What did I ask myself?
How can one person have so much fabric? I should ask myself, right?

What did I read?
Die Go-Go-Girls der Apokalypse (= "gogo girls of the apocalypse") by Victor Gischler. There is no English translation of this German book, but fortunately you are not missing out on much. The story is centered around Mortimer Tate who survives the end of the world when he hides from his wife in the woods when she wants a divorce. Now, 9 years later he returns to civilisation when he grows tired of beef jerky. He runs into cowboys, evil humans, profiters and -of course- gogo girls. The story is nice, but not very catchy. And the characters are mostly not very relatable. I got the book for 1 Euro which it was completely worth. Not much more though, I'm afraid! ^^

What did I work on?
A skirt and a shirt

I was happy about...
I got the keys to the new flat (finally!) and didn't completely hate it when seeing it the second time! Yay!

I was annoyed about...
All the organisational stuff. Being adult sucks so hard!

I bought...
More foods. And Ikea furniture.

1 comment:

Lynoire said...

Go go girls of the apocalypse?! Wow...:D But Atomic Pixies has some awesoe artworks^^