Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Entertainment blogger award

I really needed some time to get through my blogroll, with all the packing and shopping and organizing, time is really a precious resource. BTW, I didn't forget that I owe you pictures of my TKMaxx haul and new sewn things, but I somehow miss my camera battery charger and also ran out of webspace for pictures. Any recommendations?

 I'm writing today because I just realised that Ramona of Justkeepthebrains gave me an award, thank you sweetheart:

The Entertaining Blogger Award

the-entertainer-blogger-award

The Rules of The Entertainer Blogger Award:

  • Write a post including the award picture.
  • Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring, and most importantly ENTERTAINING!
  • Add these rules to the post.
  • Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog!
  • Also, answer the questions down below.

1. Why did you start to blog in the first place?

I started to blog in 2009 originally to have some fun with outfit pcitures, but the blog soon eolved into a diary for stuff I make and do. I often have the feeling that I don't achieve anything and never finish anything I start. The blog keeps track of stuff I made and helps me to see that I actually do finish things. And it really works!

2. What is your favorite book?

I hae written about this before, but my favourite book is "Spares" by Michael Marshall Smith. It contains, spaceships, war, robots, clones love and a broken detective, all mixed up to a story which you can't lay down once you started reading!

Here is the text on the back cover:
Coma meets Blade Runner in this future noir thriller, a compulsively readable melding of hardboiled narrative and hardware invention. Smith forecasts a decadent future in which the rich clone themselves at birth and callously harvest replacement organs from their "spares" as they need them. Narrator Jack Randall, a debauched but conscientious ex-cop, flees to the megalopolis of New Richmond with seven clones he has liberated from a spare farm and is almost immediately relieved of them by a gang of thugs. Jack's efforts to find out who has abducted the spares and marked them for death plunge him into a mystery that ultimately links the two events that have shattered his life: the brutal unsolved murder of his wife and child, and his soul-searing tour of military duty in The Gap. A virtual world built from the flotsam and jetsam cluttering the Internet, The Gap is an awesome conception made to seem supernaturally eerie yet scientifically feasible. Smith elaborates this creation brilliantly, as a surreal battleground where Jack confronts the demons that have haunted him for a decade, and as a symbol of emptiness and waste that brings the novel's numerous depictions of personal and social devaluation into sharp focus. Both a disconcerting portrait of a future that might be, and a poignant study of one man's fight to resist it, this novel augurs a promising future of another sort for its author.

3. What do you dislike the most?

Intolerance and stupidity. Not necessarily in that order. I don't know if I hate any of the two more, but sometimes I hate myself for being stupid. So I sometimes hate myself a bit, but at least I try to avoid intolerance! ^^

4. What’s your favorite food item from the mall?

That's hard. I love fusion food, preferably asian fusion. There is a food ventor called soul food who has amazing burgers and sweet potato fries to die for. I also love sushi. And udon. Actually, I'd eat almost anything, depending on the mood I'm in! ;)

5. What is your favorite past time activity?

Again, I find it hard to decide that. Spending time with my boyfriend, friends and family? Reading? Sewing?  So much things to do, so little time!

I won't nominate anyone because most people I'd nominate either are already nominated and the rest of them won't waste time answering questions... If you are interested, just pickup the award and answer the questions! :)

4 comments:

Lynoire said...

"Spares" sounds like an engaging story, I might pick it up sometime because I need a good new book to relax with^^

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I agree, I think I will have to read Spares now!

MindLess said...

@ Lynoire: It is! Strange and over the top and a mixup of different genres!

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: There is no way to avoid this book. At least in my eyes! ^^

Laura M said...

Congratulations!