Friday, June 10, 2016

Week in Review 23/2016

What did I see?
Some landscapes I've seen are pretty impressive, but the ones today are even cooler in my opinion! Dina Brodsky paints amazing miniatures, which are oh so very pretty. You can even buy them in her etsy store! EDIT: Seems like she closed it between drafting and posting, but she is still available here!



What did I listen to?
Mr. President - I give you my heart (90s trash! ^^)

What did I ask myself?
Did I just take a day off for fabric shopping? ;)

What did I read?
Pattern reviews on the Internet

What did I work on?
2 dresses and a shirt

I was happy about...
Going fabric shopping with my colleague - she's so funny and I'm glad I brought her back to sewing

I was annoyed about...
Rape culture. Really, 6 months jail for raping an unconscious woman? Who cares if you can f*cking swim fast?! Or no jail at all because she's an actress (although they have the group rape on video and she says no)? What world do we live in?!

I bought...
Fabrics and almost all that I need. Except tulle, which seems to be hard to come by...

11 comments:

Katharina said...

about the rape culture thing - I just saw the following video on facebook and think it's very fitting: https://www.facebook.com/thisisinsider/videos/vb.1413475698959824/1486796681627725/?type=2&theater

Jade said...

Those miniatures are amazing! And the rape culture makes me lose my hope for the humanity. :( Some humans are so hypocritical and twisted with their sense on justice.

Angelica said...

Die Minibilder habe ich schon öfter auf tumblr & Co. bewundert - so schön!

Und die Ver*ewaltigungsgeschichten dagegen - nur zum KOTZEN! Im Jahr 2016 sollte man eigentlich schon weiter sein -_-

Laura M said...

Amazing art! Fabric shopping with a coworker sounds fun!

Frau Shmooples said...

Pssst, der Link zum Etsy Store führt ins Nirgendwo ;)

Mara Macabre said...

Die Minibilder sind wirklich schön, bin gespannt was du damit zauberst

MindLess said...

@ Katharina: We live in horrible times. And I still don't get why women are taught to dress up and behave and never leave the house alone. Why not teach guys not to rape? If I found an unconscious women in a street, I would think: "Oh, I might just stick my d*ck in?" And I think that should be the normal reaction of everyone!

@ Jade: Maybe if more guys were raped, the perception of rape would change?! Not that I wish for anyone to be raped...

@ Angelika: Aber wo kämen wir denn hin wenn Frauen einfach nein sagen könnten? Wer soll sich denn dann um Heim und Herd kümmern?

@ Laura M: It indeed was funny enough that we will repeat it as soon as possible!

@ Frau Shmooples: Danke! Ich habe den Post letzte Woche vorgeschrieben und sie hat den Shop geschlossen. Ich habe einen neuen Link eingefügt...

@ Mara Macabre: Oh, sowas malen kann ich nicht. Aber vielleicht könnte ich eine Miniatur ausdrucken und als Medallion tragen?

Ramona said...

Das ist wirklich wahnsinnig gut gemalt und zu dem Vergewaltigungsthema sag ich nix, sonst werd ich heut nacht nicht fertig mit schreiben -_-

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: *knuddel* WIr sind alle vereint in unserer Wut!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

That whole 6 month sentence for a rape that people actually OBSERVED really pissed me off. This wasn't he said she said, there were two people who SAW him doing it and he only gets 6 months???? That is pretty f*cked up.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Yes, it is f*cked up. How fast must I be able to swim to kill someone and get away with a 6 months sentence?