Monday, May 30, 2016

Green leaf shirt

May I present to you another boring shirt? This time in grey cotton, but with a different pattern. I used the pattern Simplicity 1070 (view A) which I didn't buy for this shirt but rather for the lovely jacket. But well, this is what I made first!

Meine fellow Nähnerds, ich habe ein weiteres langweiliges Shirt zu präsentieren. In diesem Fall sogar noch langweilig aus grauer Baumwolle. Immerhin habe ich einen neuen Schnitt benutzt (Pattern Simplicity 1070 (Ansicht A)). Den hate ich eigentlich eher wegen der Jacke geholt, aber da mir ein schönes Kunstleder fehlt, gibt es eben erst das Shirt!

 photo IMG_7314_zpsvejaddvm.jpg

 photo IMG_7316_zpsh8iegpwo.jpg

And what about the title "Green leaf shirt"? Well, as the colour is boring and the fabric won't wow anyone (although it IS a rather nice cotton jersey), I added a simple decorative stitch around the hems: Green leafs!

Und warum der Name "Green leaf shirt"? Weil ich - um den langweiligen Schnitt und Stoff etwas auszugleichen - einen Zierstich meiner Nähma um die Ärmel und Säume gesetzt habe!

 photo IMG_7313_zpsypzb5ubp.jpg

Sewing pattern review
Sews like a dream. Easy, only 4 pieces and done in 1 hour including cutting the fabric. I'm looking forward to make more pieces from this pattern!

9 comments:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

The little green leaf stitches are so cute!

The Professor said...

Whee! The stitches really make it come alive! And hey, there's nothing wrong with a comfy, grey jersey shirt. That's a great "snuggle up and read" kind of shirt!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Thanks! I just wanted to do something creative with the grey shirt.

@ The Professor: You are right, a comfortable shirt is really important for lounging around!

Madame Mari Mortem said...

Ooooh, I have this pattern on my current to do list! I bought it for the coat too. Though I was planning on sewing the crop top first, hehe-- how funny!

The regular top has a fantastic drape! I might have to sew it too! Love the little leaf detail you added; it's a nice touch!

Laura M said...

I loVe plain coloured shirts for winter layering! The green leaf stitch is great!

I Lorkyn I said...

Ich liebe ja langweilige Shirts! Das sind doch meistens die, die am bequemsten sind und die man am meisten trägt. Den Zierstich habe ich auch an meiner NähMa. Eine gute Idee, ihn für die Säume zu verwenden, das könnte ich auch mal machen :)

MindLess said...

@ Madame Mari Mortem: I'm still not confident to pull off a cropped top... But as far as I can say, the pattern is easy to sew and true to size! And once I'll find the right pleather, I'll make the jacket for sure!

@ Laura M: Thanks!

@ Lorkyn: Er ist sogar ein bisschen elastisch, was für SHirtaäume ja nicht ganz unwichtig ist... Du hast also auch eine Brother? Cool!

Fräulein Nachtschatten said...

Die Zierstiche machen es total besonders (auch wenn es ansonsten natürlich "nur" ein graues Baumwoll-Shirt ist).

MindLess said...

@ Fräulein Nachtschatten: Danke, genau das wollte ich erreichen! ^^