Wednesday, April 20, 2016

What is a rose but another waterfall top?

Do you remember my lament about me sewing the same pattern over and over again? Behold, my next waterfall shirt is coming!

 photo IMG_7208_zpsvxjnl0ni.jpg

 photo IMG_7209_zpse1gkaxlq.jpg

I won't talk too uch about it, but I wanted to show you my twin needle hems because I'm really proud of them because I
  1.  used matching thread - which I was handed down from my colleague, thanks for that!
  2. Really liked how professional they look. Right?
 photo IMG_7210_zpsdgj7pkrh.jpg

6 comments:

Bane said...

Oooh, that is a sweet hem! Did you use a twin needle in a regular sewing machine? Or something more specialized?

Janina said...

Immer wieder schön! ;)
Zu Zwillingsnadeln hätte ich mal ne Frage: Ich benutze die ja auch schon lange, aber letztens habe ich eine neue gekauft auf der stand "nur für Nähmaschinen mit querstehendem Greifer". Ich habe mittlerweile eine moderne Maschine, ich glaube du auch. Kann ich da irgendwas kaputt machen?

MindLess said...

@ Bane: Exactly that: A twin needle on my sewing machine. I release the tension of my upper thread a lot and then just sew. In case it puckers, I iron and that helps bunches!

@ Janina: Ich habe einen horizontalen Greifer und nutze ganz normale Zwillingsnadeln. Die Nadeln gehen doch bei mir auch nicht tiefer? Also ich würfe es probieren, die Zwillingsnadeln sind ja recht dünn und gehen eher kaputt als die Nähma. Vielleicht erstmal langsam nähen! ;)

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

That does look very nicely finished!

Laura M said...

I guess if it works for you! I keep using a simple dress pattern as a base for my dresses.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Thank you!

@ Laura M: If it works reasonably well, why not? But I try other patterns as well, I just come back to the same favourites time after time!