I needed something to wear above the skirt and decided to use a Edwardian pattern also from Truly Victorian: 1903 Plain Blousewaist. Although neither the product pictures nor my photos show it, the blouse has a nice peplum, which keeps it nicely tucked in the skirt.
The fabric for this blouse was a silk skirt before. I used mother of pearl buttons for the closure, although I might need to replace them with dark grey ones. If I find some in a matching size.
Sewing pattern review:
I used french seams for the innards which made it much more complicated. But this was of my own choosing and no fault of the pattern! It went together smoothly, all peices matched well together. As per usual, I merely glimpsed inte to sewing instruction. But they seemed usable to me. I recommend this pattern!