Friday, November 20, 2015

Week in Review 47/2015

What did I see?
I don't know about you, but the concept of infinity has always been very interesting to me. Can we humans imagine what infinity really means? We always measure things, but the concept of something beyond measure is really creepy but fascinating at the same time! Yayoi Kusama made a installation called "Infinity Mirrored Room - Filled with the Brilliance of Life" (2011) which for me comes pretty close to infinity:



What did I listen to?
Hoaxilla which is a podcast of scientific skeptics who discern myths from the internet and beyond. A lot of fun and the 30-45 min episodes last me through a morning routine! There are even some english episodes which might be worth a try for my international readers.

What did I ask myself?
Why are the few hateful individuals so powerful to our minds and peace?

What did I read?
Papers and my Swedish learning books.

What did I work on?
Shirts and shrugs and cardigans

I was happy about...
My friends coming to visit me tomorrow!

I was annoyed about...
Being rather anfocused.

I bought...
A trip to London with my boyfriend! And two pants and shoes.

8 comments:

Madame Mari Mortem said...

Heeeey! I saw one of those art installations several years back in Arizona-- it's quite an awestruck experience. I think the impact really reverberated because it followed the provocative emotions behind the exhibition before it, which were a few of Frida Khalo's work-- like a cherry on top of an emotional cake lol.

Sylvie D said...

I thought the same thing: How can there be so many heartless people in the world? Have fun in London!

Laura Morrigan said...

That installation looks magical!

MindLess said...

@ Madame Mari Mortem: Oh wow, I wuld have loved to see them live! Pictures just don't do it justice...

@ Sylvie D: Oh, it will take a while until we go. But I'm sure we will have fun there!

@ Laura Morrigan: Doesn't it?! ;)

Jade said...

How has the learning Swedish been? Do you have classes once or twice a week, or? :) I am really curious, how much have you learned. *^_^*

coffeexandxtea said...

Die Bilder sind ja wunderschön! Wenn es die Installation als Wandtapete gäbe, würde ich vermutlich aus dem Staunen nicht mehr heraus kommen.
LG Tea

Ramona said...

Fürs schwedisch lernen kann ich wie gesagt babbel empfehlen ^_^ und wie immer hast du einen tollen Künstler gefunden!

MindLess said...

@ Jade: The lectures are actually not very good because the teacher is not very professional. My classes are once a week and I learn a bit on the side. Until now, I can only say general stuff like where I come from, what I do and what I'd like to eat... ^^

@ coffeexandxtea: Das wäre mal was, furchtbar hypnotisch!

@ Ramona: Ich arbeite mit einem Konkurenzprodukt und habe schon eine Menge Spaß. Was kannst du denn auf schwedisch sagen?