Friday, November 13, 2015

Star Trek uniform for my boyfriend


As promised in the last post, I will now loose some words on my boyfriend’s formal uniform. The is an official pattern out which seems rather good (and not that expensive, I’ve seen worse). Unfortunately, we decided to use this pattern when it was already too late to order it from the US and receive it in time. So, I improvised! ;)

 photo 20151107_143720 blog_zpsmmxg70i3.jpg

I found some great pictures with details on the internet, so I tried to copy most of them. For example the ribbed chest piece (although I was not able to replicate the shoulder piece as well):

 photo 20151107_143729_zpsfn8knnqv.jpg

You might have noticed already that my boyfriend is dressed with silver instead of golden trims. The explaination is easy: We did not find pretty trim in gold. But the silver looks good as well, right?

 photo 20151107_143744_zpsnzulz3hk.jpg

The pants were also made by me and this time fit much better than the last ones. My boyfriend has a small waist but huge muscles everywhere else. Which equals wide legs with a tight waist or adaptations to the pattern I only ever know for women. Well, at least the trims make it look much more male and military:

 photo 20151107_143739_zpsdfbbgvep.jpg

Another detail of the trims and his communicator badge. His first try with fimo (mine looked much worse)!

 photo 20151107_143752_zpseckzcqdh.jpg

But the best part of the uniform is the lining. He chose it himself and I bought enough for a dress for me. It is teal with ombré effect and lace print! Almost too pretty to hide:

 photo 20151107_143801_zps7zbbhuru.jpg

7 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Great work, I would NOT have guessed there was any improv!

That lining!!! Cannot wait to see your dress!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Thanks for the compliment! I actually love to improvise, so I kind of liked it that way... The dress may take some time, though.

Mara Macabre said...

Das sitzt wirklich top!
Würde ich nie ohne Muster hinbekommen!

Madame Mari Mortem said...

Whoa, whoa! You two are Trek fans?!
That's pretty awesome to hear! I too go bananas for Star Trek =D

I think you did freakin' amazing on both garments-- amazing, I tell you! I bet you guys got a lot of compliments.

MindLess said...

@ Mara Macabre: Naja, es war schon ein Schnittmuster involviert, aber nicht das Star Trek Ding. Ich habe für meinen Freund schon 2 Gehröcke genäht, also habe ich das Schnittmuster genommen.

@ Madame Mari Mortem: Why yes, we are! Although I prefer the movies and my boyfriend likes the series better. Which is your favourite?

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Beautiful job on the details! The lining and trim are so nicely done!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Thanks, there was a lot of hand sewing involved... My boyfriend still owes me a neck massage for my efforts!