Monday, November 9, 2015

Mending pile - buargh!

Every person with a sewing maching (or at least the ones who use it regularly) knows the ever growing mending pile. Mine is currently rather small and was reduced even further this weekend. I had a glove with a tear. Since these are my amazing leather gloves which I got from Vienna last year (and the weather is getting cold) , I repaired them after two days:

 photo IMG_7138_zpsh9r5y4f0.jpg

 photo IMG_7144_zpsrgxyttpu.jpg

And another little hole which needed fixing was in a shirt. I didn't take all of my shirts (and other clothes) with me to Heidelberg. I have a rather small collection, so everything needs to be working so I can wear stuff. So even small holes need to go as soon as possible:

 photo IMG_7146_zpsyg9wm7ri.jpg

 photo IMG_7147_zps1ujd6zkp.jpg

 photo 15e2425f-d15a-473b-a72b-8f416e5efd56_zpsdlwkpadu.jpg

And one last mended piece:

 photo IMG_7145_zpsdyqf3vbq.jpg

 photo 95a1d2ad-5397-4c1d-96f8-29797dda446f_zpsgergotkr.jpg

Do you work on your mending pile? Or does it grow and grow until it is Mount Mendme? ;)

7 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Ah, that is the good thing about leather, it can be fixed again for longer than say a pleather piece, although it can eventually disintegrate!

At the moment I just need to fix the lacy collar of a dress that decided to have stitching unravel in the wash! Argh!

Madame Mari Mortem said...

My mending pile is always zeroed out, but my upcycle pile... that's another monster I haven't had the will to even look at. So I keep it in a box in my closet lol.

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Yes, leather sometimes is in advantage. I keep my fingers crossed that the collar will be an easy repair...

@ Madam Mari Mortem: Kudos on having no mending pile! I rather don't upcycle, so this poses no problem for me! ^^

Ramona said...

Mount Mendme! Andererseits hab ich ja noch immer die Ausrede der noch nicht fertigen Höhle und entsprechend keinen vernünftigen Platz zum Nähen (andererseits... langsam wirds kritisch weil immer fertiger mit der Höhle...) Leder mit Reperatur-Nähten hat irgendwie nen Gewissen Charme!

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: Immerhin hast du eine Ausrede. Ich bin einfach nur faul! ^^ Und ja, ich finde der Handschuh hat ein bisschen was von Frankenstein ;)

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

ARGH I have a huge pile of things with missing buttons/small holes in them. I usually hand-sew all of mine because I risk screwing things up big time if I get out the sewing machine lol!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: This was also all hand sewing. I prefer machine correctable stuff like defunct zippers...