Monday, November 2, 2015

"Knitted" stirped circle scarf

It is finally getting colder even here in pre-hell so I need some warm clothes. I used a lot of leftover wools for this circle scarf.

 photo IMG_7139_zpskaap7sqc.jpg

I just knotted the wools together whenever I felt the need to end a stripe and fared pretty well with that. Although I would prefer a cleaner solution without little woollen ends sticking up from my knitting.

 photo IMG_7143_zpsb1hl4ujr.jpg

This is what it looks like worn. It keeps my neck warm and cosy when riding my bike or sitting in the wind-chill of the air condition at work! I am really considering making some more circle scarfs for Christmas. Instead of the usual food items I make. But then again making 13 of these things doesn’t get me really excited…

9 comments:

Lorkyn said...

Der ist aber hübsch! So schöne Farben, der würde mir auch gefallen!

Laura Morrigan said...

I always knotted the wool ends too! I never worked out what professional knitters did to fix that problem! I guess YouTube would tell me these days! I feel so old thinking about how it was not around as a kid!

Neisella Nightshade said...

Sieht kuschelig aus und die Farben stehen dir echt gut. Und wie lang deine Haare geworden sind! oO

Insomniac's Attic said...

I love the colours you've used! That's a good way to use up all the leftover bits I can't bear to toss. I wear neckwarmers all the time and yet I've never knit one myself. Oh goody, something else I can knit for everyone that I'm sure they'll be THRILLED to receive! ;)

MindLess said...

@ Lorkyn: Danke sehr! Ich habe dazu passende Socken (pink tönig) und mein Freund eine Mütze (türkis). Insgesamt also ein Accessoir, das uns beide zusammenschweißt! ^^

@ Laura Morrigan: I could check YouTube on how to mere wools, that's a very good idea! Thanks!

@ Neisi: Ja, die wachsen wie verrückt! Aber gut 1cm pro Monat ist wohl normal, da halten sie sich dran...

@ Insomniac's Attic: I would be thrilled for sure! I'm just not sure whether I really care enough for all of them to knit buckets full of neckwarmers. Maybe. Maybe not! ^^

Jade said...

That is a really nice scarf! Maybe you could make a couple of those as presents and others will get food? ^^

Fräulein Nachtschatten said...

Die Farben sind toll. Schick!

MindLess said...

@ Jade: But I don't want any jelousy, so I usually make the same for everyone...

@ Fräulein Nachtschatten: Danke schön! ^^

Ramona said...

Ich sag nur Schlüppi-näh-phase, was damit geht, geht auch mit Loop Schals ^_^° Schick!