Friday, October 30, 2015

Week in Review 44/2015

What did I see?
I'm always on the hunt for amazing fabrics, but I guess the ones that Rami Kadi used for his Fall/Winter 2016 couture are not available on the free market... Insects and stripes painted on black in UV reactive colours? Count me in!




What did I listen to?
Nightwish - Sleeping Sun. Back when Nightwish still had Tarja Turunen and all was good!

What did I ask myself?
How long will this haunt me?

What did I read?
Rejections by other scientists. Where enticing, let me tell you...

What did I work on?
Two secret projects to be revealed next month. And a dress for my mum which she took without finishing and taking proper pictures. But it looked good aftersome changes to the pattern! Trust me!

I was happy about...
Having my mum over for some days this week. We had lots of fun!

I was annoyed about...
Having to rerite a less than stellar paper. Bummer.

I bought...
Fabric. Oh, did I mention I went to the fabric market yet again? *angelic smile*

8 comments:

Onychophora said...

Die Kleider <3

Lauren said...

That fabric is incredible. I love anything with bugs! And I agree, I prefer the old Nightwish.

Laura Morrigan said...

That fabric is amazing!

Fräulein Nachtschatten said...

Die Kleider... Traumhaft!

Ramona said...

Verdammt, solcher stoff sollte frei verkäuflich sein XD andererseits kann man auch das selbst machen ^_^

MindLess said...

@ Onychophora: Toll, oder?

@ Lauren: They just worked very well together (musically, I think that personal differences lead to the break up)! And the dresses are a dream, I wish I could get one of those...

@ Laura Morrigan: We seem to have a very similar taste in clothes!

@ Fräulein Nachtschatten: Von so tollem Stoff kann man ja nur inspiriert sein, oder?!

@ Ramona: Naja, aber nur schwierig. Mit neonfarbe und Siebdruck könnte man es versuchen. Das wollte ich eh schon ganz lange Mal ausprobieren!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Wow, that is some amazing fabric!!!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Maybe I should invest in screen printing? I've wanted to learn this for a long time, but every single part is so expensive...