Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My new (temporary) home

As you probably all know, I recently moved to the Southern part of Germany for work. My boyfriend is still staying in Essen until my probation period is over and he has found a job down here as well. I also fear that I might have adaptation problems - so I might move back once my temporary contract for 2 years is over...

Anyway - I moved into a small one room appartment which costs more than our flat in Essen. Living expenses are certainly a bit higher here! The room was furnished, but we bought a new bed - the one belonging to the appartment was only 1m wide which is far too small for 2 people!

 photo IMG_7053_zpso3bkm323.jpg

I hung up the fabric behind my bed to keep the wall clean. You know how the wall get's kind of greesy and dirty if you lean against it? Didn't want to whiten the walls after moving out, so I added fabric for protection. Although the print might be too busy, this was one of the few light pieces in the right size...
Next to the bed there is a shelf with my shoes, makeup and jewelry:

 photo IMG_7054_zps0hji7jlh.jpg

Opposite the bed there is a large desk/table which houses my lovely sewing machine! I added some removable butterflies to the wall:

 photo IMG_7065_zpswvourb1n.jpg

 photo IMG_7051_zpsifdxk5ee.jpg

There is also a small single kitchen (only two burners,  a small fridge, a microwave, and a sink) adjacent to the wall with the butterflies:

 photo IMG_7057_zpsui3blcgl.jpg

I won't show you the bathroom - which is rather boring. And I have a closet which keeps my stuff and is boring white. So, this was my first real post from my new home and I'll continue with more posts in future...

15 comments:

Avadawhra said...

Schön !! Die Schmetterlinge sind toll ♥♥♥

Madame Mari Mortem said...

It's cozy in that small kind of way. I'm sure with a little more time you'll make it warm and inviting. You are very creative, after all ;)

Bane said...

New homes are fun. :) But it's always good to know it can be temporary if you want it to be.

It's amazing how much housing prices can differ within a single country. The mortgage payment on my 3-bedroom house is 2/3 of what I paid in rent for a 1-bedroom apartment near Washington, DC.

Gartenteichploerre said...

Die Schmetterlinge sind großartig! :)
Gute Idee mit dem Tuch, wie hast du das oben befetigt? Einfach festgepinnt mit Heftzwecken?

Jade said...

I like that flat, so modern. :) And the butterflies are very pretty! I would love to hear, are there any cultural etc differences between the area you lived before and this new city! ^_^

Neisella Nightshade said...

Sieht modern aber auch gemütlich aus. Hoffentlich fühlst du dich bald wohler :-*

MindLess said...

@ Avadawhra: Danke sehr!

@ Madame Mari Mortem: I'm not quite sure if I want to invest so much into a space I live in for 6 months... Plus I don't want to make any permanent changes. I think I'll just collect ideas and inspiration for the next flat!

@ Bane: I know this is going to be temporary. It is way to cold and "clean" for me to stay forever! And housing prizes in the Ruhr area where I loved before are rather cheap, so every other city is expensive to me now... But moving away from the city is no option for me, I rather pay for convenience!

@ Gartenteichploerre: Die Schmetterlinge sind von Amazon, die kannst du auch bestellen... ;) Und das Tuch ist mit Heftzwecken festgemacht, das schien mir die kleinsten Löcher zu hinterlassen!

@ Jade: Thanks! I'd love to make it a little more gothic, but with white furniture and walls this is not an easy task. Yes, there are differences, but they are not really easy to describe. The people are more relaxed and more sarcastic at the same time...

@ Neisi: Danke, du Süße! Ich arbeite dran!

coffeexandxtea said...

Wow, der Stoff an der Wand und die Schmetterlinge sind schöne Farbtupfer in dieser weißen Wüste und echt praktisch. Falls Dir die Schmetterlinge zu bunt werden, kannst Du sie ja durch Fledermäuschen ersetzen ;) Viel Erfolg bei der Eingewöhnung im Süden! LG Tea

Laura Morrigan said...

The butterflies are awesome! I hope all goes well with the jobs!

MindLess said...

@ coffeexandxtea: Das mit den Fledermäusen ist eine super Idee! Aber die müssteich alle selbst ausschneiden... Die Flattermänner konnte ich so kaufen und ich bin echt faul! ^^

@ Laura Morrigan: Thanks for your good wishes! My job is perfect I just miss my boyfreind very much...

Ramona said...

ich hoffe, dass du einen ort findest, an dem ihr beide glücklich sein könnt :-) für nen möbliertes appartement hast du es dir immerhin schön zurechtgemacht!

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: Das hoffe ich auch. Ich vermisse ihn schon ziemlich... Aber ja, ich finde auch dass ich aus dem weißen Ikeapalast schon ein bisschen was gemacht habe. Geht nur noch besser! ^^

Angelica said...

Superschöne Wohnung!
Vorallem die Bettecke ist ein Traum! Der Vorhang passt perfekt, auch wenn und vorallem weil das Muster ziemlich raussticht :)

Und Willkommen in Süddeutschland :))

Ette Ett said...

Für ein möbiliertes 1-Zimmer-Appartment sieht das doch gut aus, wenn ich da an die Studentenwohnheime in Düsseldorf denke *grusel*.
Hoffe dass du dich gut einlebst und das mit einem Job für deinen Freund klappt. Bei uns war es genau anders herum. Ich wollte nach Bern zum studieren und er hatte auf einmal einen Job hier lange bevor ich in Düsseldorf mit dem Semester fertig war.
Und man gewöhnt sich als Pottpflanze an den Süden, auch wenn ich bis heute noch nicht sicher bin, ob es mich nicht doch wieder höher in den Norden zieht.

MindLess said...

@ Ette: Ja, es ist auch tausendmal besser als alles was ich sonst gesehen habe... Mein Job ist super, aber mein Schatz fehlt mir sehr. Ich wusste gar nicht, dass es bei euch so rum war! Irgendwie hatte ich es andersrum in Erinnerung - Dass du hin wolltest und er noch nichts hatte. Aber es mag sein dass ich mich falsch erinnere oder wir uns vor dem Umzug länger nicht gesehen haben...

Der Süden ist ganz schön, aber "für immer" will ich hier nicht bleiben. Aber erstmal ist es nicht so schlimm wie ich dachte! ^^