Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Childhood dreams - Pinata Party!

I grew up in Germany and enjoyed most of it very much. No really, don't get me wrong: My childhood was awesome! Just when I learned about piñatas, I had serious regrets that I never had one when I was a wee one. Just the thought of having a piñata and smashing it to pieces seemed like a huge fun!

Enter Xenos, a store chain in Europe, who had a piñata in the store front. And I had a Birthday to attend. And no gift yet. It was like a the stars shining and everything falling into place:

 photo IMG_7040_zpssa2aottz.jpg

Literally, as I bought a star piñata! I filled it with bunches of sweets and glitter and brought it to the party! It was well recieved and the guys who got the piñata from me started to hang it and kill it by Frisbee-ing it to death! ^^ If this wasn't clear yet, the guys are in my boyfriend's Ultimate Frisbee team...

 photo IMG_7042_zpsi9tqhfyx.jpg

 photo IMG_7043_zpsddhvewhb.jpg

 photo IMG_7046_zps6tflskqe.jpg

After 15 minutes of fun and Frisbees, the piñata died a heroic death and dsitributed it's glamorous insides all over the place!

 photo IMG_7047_zpsheubc5vl.jpg

We ended up burning the remains later in the open fire after the BBQ. I can only say, this was so much fun and definetively worth the money. Let's see which childhood dream I'll conquer next!

 photo IMG_7049_zps7rkl5iyh.jpg

13 comments:

Pixel Pixie said...

I love pinatas! I usually have them at my Halloween and birthday parties. I got a donkey one for my divorce party and said something like "The role of my jackass ex-husband will be played by this jackass pinata."

MindLess said...

@ Pixel Pixie: Oh! A pinata and a divorce party? That sounds aweful fun!

Ms Misantropia said...

SOunds like you guys had a lot of fun!
I have never had, or attended a party with, a pinata either. I would like to beat at one of those sparkly donkey ones some time :)

Sylvie D said...

Oooh! A kid in my son's daycare had one and he loved it! I love that idea! I always wanted to get my son a Barney or an Elmo one Pinata as it would give me great pleasure to watch a bunch of kids whack it to pieces LOL!

Ramona said...

na toll, bisher hab ich nie über pinatas nachgedacht, nu will ich auch mal XD und besonders toll mit dem feuer am ende <3 wenns doch nur noch in regenbogenfarben gebrannt hätte ^^

Bane said...

Woo, pinata! :D It's great that you got 15 minutes of pre-burst fun. My experience of adults with a pinata was less than 15 seconds. The first guy strode up, took one macho swing with a bat, and demolished/crushed the pinata. :P

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

AWESOME!!! I also had a pinata recently! This year, myself, my husband, and one of my cousins all turned 30. When I visited my parents for a family gathering, they bought us a pinata and filled it with mini alcohol bottles and candy. I was really not expecting them to do something like that but it was rather amusing. Adult pinatas FTW!

Jade said...

That is pure awesomeness! :D I especially like the modification that you used Frisbee instead of sticks. :D

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Oh, a donkey would be great! Or a bat! FIlled with sparkles and Halloween candy! I need this in my life!

@ Sylvie D: Seems like you have problems with Elmo and Barney? But whacking them would sure be fun!

@ Ramona: Das wäre echt super gewesen! Ich hätte noch ein paar Knaller von Sylvester unterbringen sollen, aber ich wusste ja nicht, dass wir sie so entsorgen... ;)

@ Bane: Did the guy have his eyes blindfolded? Then he must have been really lucky! I can only recommend blindfolding or using frisbees, it took a lot of turns until the pinata broke!

@ Vulcan Butterfly: I did not include alcohol because I was not sure if hitting the pinata would break the bottles. Did yours survive?

@ Jade: Well, with a bunch of Ultimate players this was clear from the beginning. I didn't even bring a stick! ^^

Lorkyn said...

Ich hatte als Kind auch nie so eine Pinata auf meiner Party...muss ich wohl auch mal unbedingt nachholen! Echt eine gute Idee und sieht sehr nach Spaß aus :D

MindLess said...

@ Lorkyn: Es ist super lustig und so eine Pinata kann man bestimmt auch selber aus Pappmache machen...

Laura Morrigan said...

Sounds fun! Last time I had a pinata was my boyfriend's 21st, I managed to hit my head on the beam downstairs while avoiding someone who was swinging at it, ha ha/.

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Oh no! I hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad! We only had single persons hit at the pinata. For safety reasons... ^^