Monday, August 31, 2015

By the sea - Skirt (TV201)

With a little time on my hands, I finished the skirt for the maritime summer outfit! I used the pattern 201 by Truely Victorian but I made the very plain version because of fabric restriction. When I bought the satin, I was accompanied by Grevina Patricia who brought me to her favourite store. The had a huge sale because they were moving and the fabric was a bargain that I seldom experienced! Unfortunately, Grevina also fell in love with the fabric. So we bought the bolt and shared what fabric was there - leaving me with 4.5m. Which translates to no fancy decorations for me!*

 photo IMG_7081_zpsto6juiqs.jpg

 photo IMG_7082_zpsdoyfknox.jpg

 photo IMG_7083_zpsza2ijrki.jpg

I have neither corset nor butt pillow here, so I think it will look different worn with the correct undergarments! The hem is nearly invisible and sewn by hand. It took about 2 episodes of Hanibal (second season; is he getting more creepy every minute or what?!) and looks amazing:

 photo IMG_7084_zps0uetdrqy.jpg

The closure is historically correct and made with hooks and eyes, handsewn with a placket. Handsewing is still not my favourite pasttime, but the look of the finished product looks great, doesn't it?

 photo IMG_7087_zpsiw2l7fvr.jpg

I still need a button and buttonhole but all my buttons are still in Essen. There is nothing better than good organization, right? And I will not buy new ones when my stash at home is overflowing... The next piece will probably be the corset, as I need it to fit the jacket correctly...

* Don't get me wrong, I was glad to share with her! I bought so many fabrics and had a blast spending time with her. I just meant that I will have less ruffles on this outfit which is probably also more suitable for the maritim theme...

12 comments:

Ramona said...

Ich hoffe es floss kein Blut beim Kampf über den Stoffrest ^^? Bin echt mal gespannt wie es ausschaut, wenn du fertig bist mit dem ganzen Outfit!

Bane said...

The finished product does look great! Can't wait to see the next piece. :)

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: Kein Blut, Patrizia hat sogar angeboten ganz zu verzichten! Aber das wollte ich nicht. Und ich denke der Stoff reicht. Aber es ist ein wundervoller Baumwollsatin von dem ich auch gerne mehr gehabt hätte!

@ Bane: Thanks! I'm already working on it, although it might take a little longer than a week as I will be away from my sewing machine this weekend...

Lorkyn said...

Oh Gott, so viel nähen per Hand...meinen Respekt (ich hasse das wirklich sehr...)! Aber das Ergebnis sieht so ordentlich aus, sehr schön! Bin schon auf das komplette fertige Outfit gespannt :)

Jade said...

Lovely sophisticated color! Can somebody mail some of the buttons you already own in an envelope so that you can finish this beautiful skirt? :)

Ms Misantropia said...

The title and the skirt reminds me of the novel "To the Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf. You are so talented.

MindLess said...

@ Lorkyn: Ich hasse es auch, aber es sieht halt manchmal wirklich besser aus! Und ich freue mich auch schon auf das fertige Outfit, auch wenn noch so viele Schritte fehlen...

@ Jade: Yes he could, but I'm still far from needing the buttons for real. I guess it will take some time until I get to the buttons part. Especially since I'm considering handsewing the buttonholes... *gulp* oO#

coffeexandxtea said...

So viel Handarbeit! Aber der Rock sieht jetzt schon so gut aus - ich bin auf das Endergebnis gespannt! Bin übrigens ganz Deiner Meinung, was die Hannibal Folgen angeht...
LG Tea

Laura Morrigan said...

It looks awesome! I can hand sew but not very neatly!

MindLess said...

@ coffeexandxtea: Hannibal wird ja leider nach dieser Staffel nicht mehr weitergeführt - Ich verstehe es nicht, die Serie ist super!

@ Laura Morrigan: Thanks! I also don't have the neatest stitches, but I took a picture of the better part! ^^

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Such excellent attention to detail! I love the hand-sewn hook and eye closure.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Well, I try my best. But I have pelnty of time here, so I can spend it handsewing as well, right?