Monday, July 13, 2015

Post-apocalypse wrap top

Despite the heat, I made something! I used the early mornings and late nights because in 35-39 °C (around 100 °F), touching fabric really turned me off! No wonder most of my robes get sewn in winter to spring...

I got some romanite jersey (double knit jersey) on ebay. The print looked a little bit less busy online, and was originally bought for a dress. Unfortunately when it arrived and I put it over my dressform, I realised that a dress would be no good solution. So I made it into a top and a skirt. Today, it is shirt time!

 photo IMG_6998_zpsjvt1nbuf.jpg

 photo IMG_6999_zpsvz0avq9t.jpg

I used the pattern Simplicity 2369 which I have sewn before as a shirt and a dress. This time changed one minor detail: Instead of leaving two bands for knotting the wrap part, I used a simple strap which I sewed in:

 photo IMG_7000_zpsb7fcbajs.jpg

I think the colours of the fabric make the top look a bit like post apocalypse. Which right now is much of a fashion inspiration for me. I bought some pants and a dress from Nü (a Danisch designer) which look like something from Mad Max. Any interest in pics with the stuff?

11 comments:

Lorkyn said...

Sehr schön geworden, ich mag die Farben! Sieht wirklich irgendwie endzeitmäßig aus. Und die Klamotten von Nü würden mich auch interessieren :) LG

Janina said...

Der Stoff ist echt cool! :) Ich will auch die post-apokalyptischen Sachen sehen, da steh ich total drauf ;)

MindLess said...

@ Lorykn: Dann mach ich mal Fotos! ^^ Und schön, dass diese Assoziation nicht nur mir kommt...

@ Janina: Danke! An den Fotos arbeite ich, muss mal den Ollen fragen ob er ein paar Bilder macht!

Sylvie D said...

that is a nice top! It has been very hot here too. We have around the same temperatures as you and ugh! Gross!

Avadawhra said...

Sehr schön geworden !!!

Ramona said...

der stoff schaut ja mal richtig toll aus! und auch der schnitt, super kombi!

MindLess said...

@ Sylvie D: The temperatures here are dropping rapidly at the moment, so now the weather is back to comfortable 20 °C (with rain)...

@ Avadawhra: Danke sehr!

@ Ramona: Vielen Dank! Manchmal ist es doch ganz gut, einen Schnitt öfter zu verwenden...

Laura Morrigan said...

I always love Post Apocalypse-y stuff!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: From your blog I'd have guessed that you are more into gypsy-goth-hippy stuff! But it is nice to see that you are flexible... ;)

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

That is a really neat fabric! I would love to see some of that Nu stuff, it sounds pretty neat!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: I'm working on it!