Thursday, June 11, 2015

The ugliest leggings in the world!

At least that's what my friends said when I bought the fabric. Which is a kind of sequin print with yellow green holo glitter. Which is totally awesome and b*tt f*cking ugly at the same time. I'm going with awesome of course! I used about 1m for the leggings which are a free pattern from CUT that you can find here... The sewing description is in German, but essentially you can't do much wrong as there are only two pieces!

The whole leggings were constructed with my serger and went together in 30 minutes (including needle switching on both my sewing machine and my serger). The hems are sewn with a twin needle:

 photo IMG_6937_zpsm6b1uizg.jpg

The waistband i made with wide elastic, but instead of sewing a tunnel and pulling the elastic through it, I -more or less- followed a tutorial by Lauren (Lladybird). This just sews the elastic to the upper hem and turns it over. This way, the elastic can never twist inside the tunnel!

 photo IMG_6936_zpspvsz0nyu.jpg

And because the leggings are made from awesome, I simply had to wear them out. After chosing a party to attend, I dressed the leggings up and matched my make up. Please excuse the bad photo quality (and my tired face), the pictures were taken at 3 am AFTER the party!

 photo IMG_6930_zps2ex5konn.jpg

 photo IMG_6932_zpsxwko9kov.jpg

 photo IMG_6934_zpshmpjyp3q.jpg

 photo IMG_6935_zpsfgv11gtd.jpg
With flash for more awesome glitteriness!
At the party, one women asked me were I got my pants, so I'm not alone with finding the fabric great. Anyone dare to disagree?! ;)

Sewing pattern review
The pattern is as easy as pie and if your sewing machine is able to handle stretchy fabrics (which most do when you use a stretch needle and zig zag stitches), you can do this as well! As the fabric was only 1 Euro per meter I simply tried and the pattern was a success. For the next incarnation, I'd make the front a little lower, but that is just personal preference. The pieces went together easily and as I said, I was done in 30 minutes. Highly recommended!

13 comments:

justkeepbrains.com said...

holy bat, der stoff ist ja wohl der hammer O_O und so ko schaust garnicht aus :-D

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: Wenn es den noch in einer anderen Farbe gegeben hätte, hätte ich die auch mitgenommen... ;) Und ich sah vor der Party definitiv frischer aus, kannst du mir schon glauben ^^

Janina said...

Da kann ich dir nur zustimmen, häßlich und geil zugleich! :D Und das für nur einen Euro, da kann man nicht meckern ;) Als Leggings wirkt der super, vielleicht sollte ich diesen Zebra-Glitzerstoff mal wieder rauskramen...?

MindLess said...

@ Janina: Oh ja, Zebra-Glitzer-Leggings! Das klingt wunderbar!

Ms Misantropia said...

Lizard pants! Very glam rock = cool, not ugly.

Ladyfair said...

I love tacky 90's club wear, so I find this material beautiful lol.

Alexandriaweb said...

They're awesome, but yes I would probably have passed the fabric by if I had seen it on the roll.

Sylvie D said...

Those are cool!

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Thanks, that's what I will call them in future: Glam rock lizard pants!

@ Ladyfair: Great that I'm not alone on the awesome side. ALthough I fear that the haters will be to shy to speak up...

@ Alexandriaweb: I was fascinated from the very second I saw it!

@ Sylvie D: Thank you darling!

Bane said...

Ha ha! Sometimes I see something and react with simultaneous extreme opposites; I can't decide if I am completely in love with it or if it's the most hideous thing I've ever seen. :D I probably would have thought the fabric was ugly on the bolt, but I love the leggings!

MindLess said...

@ Bane: Thanks for the compliment! I saw the fabric and instantly knew what it should become! A very rare occasion which I simply had to make true...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I LOVE THEM!!!! SPARKLY!!! Also, love your sideswept hairstyle, very cute! I am a huge fan outfit photos taken AFTER the party, they have so much more character ;)

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Thanks for the compliment! I prefer your still stylish before pictures, I look a bit deranged...