Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Panty 2 - Lip service stash killer panty

As I said, I went into panty mass production! The fabric on this one is very special. I bought it about 10 years ago. It was in my stash for a year before I dared to cut into the (at that time, for me) very expensive jersey I got from the US. I cut a shirt pattern from the fabric and put it aside to sew it up. Fast forward several months of being lazy and I wanted to sew it together but - somehow I lost a sleeve! I have no idea how, but there was not enough fabric for another sleeve and none of my black jersey matched the colour of this fabric! The horrors! This should remind me that UFOs should never be stashed away but sewn up as quickly as possible...

Anyway, it took me years to face the problem again. In the meantime the pre-cut pieces moved two times with me. And now I finally did something about it and cut them up for a panty I'll most likely wear more than the shirt anyway...

 photo IMG_6948_zpszvjtikyp.jpg

 photo IMG_6949_zpskv1o7a5l.jpg

*Disclaimer: The panties fit great, thank you for asking! I will not put pictures of my a** up on the Internet, so you'll have to trust me on this! ;) *

Do you also have old unfinished projects that you simply can neither finish nor throw in the trash? How do you deal with them? 

7 comments:

Ladyfair said...

lol I always think it's awkward when sewists post pics of themselves in panties and bras. I've seen some pretty risque looking stuff circling Pattern Review in the past.

MindLess said...

@ Ladyfair: Same! I know that my mum and aunt read my blog, so everything here will be work safe on here!

Ramona said...

manche dinge brauchen zeit! ich hab auch so viel zeug hier was ich mir nun aber nach und nach vornehmen werde (sobald ich meinen schreibtisch habe) zb häng ich NOCH IMMER am kettenhemnd-kleid... gut, dass du dir vorher überlegst, wer alles deinen blog liest / lesen könnte statt es dann zu bereuen!

Madame Mari Mortem said...

That is awesome jersey fabric!
Perhaps you can find a stripe in those colors somewhere to make the sleeves-- make the shirt a little burton-esque?

That very reason, is the reason I try to keep my UFO's very minimal to none. I don't know how things disappear even when they go untouched for months!
I can remember hoarding this really special looking spider web fabric to make a top... but it disappeared. It was turning out so cute, and I can't remember why I put it down; I vowed never again after that.

Janina said...

Genau diesen Stoff hab ich auch vor einer Ewigkeit gekauft und damals ein ärmelloses Top draus gemacht. An den Rest hab ich mich bis vor kurzem nicht rangetraut. Panties sind da ja perfekt für so "wertvolle" Stoffreste, ich bin gespannt auf die anderen ;)

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: ich habe den Verdacht das einige Leute meinen Blog lesen, die ich eigentlich nicht hier haben will. Schon daher bin ich extra vorsichtig... Und ein Kettenhemdkleid klingt zwar wunderschön, aber sehr arbeitsintensiv. Da hast du dir ja was vorgenommen! ^^

@ madame Mari Mortem: Unfortunately, the fabric went into two panteis and I have minimal leftovers. Maybe I wrote that wrong, English is not my first language, sorry! And what a pity that your fabric vanished, maybe he will turn up again in your next move?!

@ Janina: Das wäre auch eine Lösung gewesen. Darauf bin ich aber nicht gekommen *head > desk*... Und ein paar kommen noch, da ahst du Recht!

Laura Morrigan said...

Lip Service undies! Nice!