Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Panty 1 - Leftover Jersey

This week will give you a new panty a day! I went on a bit of a sweat shop streak last week and cut and sewed so many panties, I might not have to buy any for a year! Also it is good that I sewed up all the jersey scraps that are too small for a shirt and take up room in my stash.

*Disclaimer: The panties fit great, thank you for asking! I will not put pictures of my a** up on the internet, so you'll have to trust me on this! ;) *

The first panty is made from scraps of the shirt I made for my mum and a beanie (still have to show that here) I made for the boyfriend. As the scraps were long and not wide enough for my behind, I had to piece it. Which is not that noticeable but maybe a reminder that even small scraps of jersey can be used if you have a serger or zig zag stitch to put them together:

 photo IMG_6946_zpsgvrrs3ly.jpg

 photo IMG_6947_zpsuklnxh1h.jpg

The pattern is still the one I got from Weißerregenbogen years ago, but this time not the full retro length but the lower style. Love it!

9 comments:

The Professor said...

WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!!! Holy smokes! Why didn't I think of that?!?

Pixel Pixie said...

Cool! They look comfy.

I don't blame you for not modelling them. I wouldn't either.

MindLess said...

@ The Professor: It was too easy? Or you don't have the right pattern or jersey?

@ Pixel Pixie: Thanks! And thanks again for the understanding!

Laura Morrigan said...

Glad to know they are comfy!

Jade said...

Such a great way to use the leftovers! Those panties are so cute, it is smart to make panties out of the fabric one would also wear in public (on surface). :D

Fräulein Nachtschatten said...

Ich habe neulich auch schon mal mit dem Gedanken gespielt mir Höschen zu nähen (da könnte ich mal alle Muster und Farben verwenden, die ich so nicht anziehen würde - da mehr oder weniger immmer uni schwarz gekleidet - aber trotzdem hübsch finde...)

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Better me saying it than pics of my white fat ass! ^^

@ Jade: That's exactly what I use all the pretty fabrics for which I bought years ago and might never wear otherwise...

@ Fräulein Nachtschatten: Ja, genau! Damit kann man super Reste abbauen oder eben Stoffe vernähen die für den Alltag ungeeignet sind!

Jade said...

@MindLess: I do not know why but I had not even thought that somebody might sew their panties. O_o I guess it's because I do not sew myself and therefore lack imagination when it comes to making clothes. :D P.S. I love this new feature on your blog! Funny and inspiring and filled with prettiness!

MindLess said...

@ Jade: I'm also more of a icing (meaning pretty dresses or fancy historical stuff) than a cake (as in wardrobe work horses) seamstress. I often forget that sewing t-shirts and underwear is also fun! And thanks for the compliment!