Monday, June 1, 2015

Mina Harker Dress - Underskirt

For the Mina Harker Dress, I made a fancy underskirt. Actually, it was planned out to be much simpler, but somehow I took a nosedive into my decoration box and added anything I could find! I startet with the pattern Truely Victorian TV201 1870's Underskirt. As Mina Harker's dress is covered with pleats, I inserted a floor length pleat panel at the front:

 photo IMG_6919_zpslaxmp7jm.jpg

The decorative apron part was draped at the mannequin and is acutally a large rectangle with lace around all hems. The rushing underneath the rose was done by hand and is sewn right to the underskirt!

 photo IMG_6918_zpsmxuv3t07.jpg

The left side of the skirt is another rushed panel. I added three velvet bows because I had a strip of velvet in just the right colour!

 photo IMG_6920_zpsagxo4bwp.jpg

On the right side, I again rushed the apron to the underskirt by hand and added some roses - which unfortunately where hidden under the train when I wore it... I should really have tested that before I added them!

 photo IMG_6921_zpsnof6dykv.jpg

As you can see, the back is still plain, as I wanted to wear the Butterfly Train by Truely Victorian, which I will show you soon!

Have you ever sewn a Truely Victorian pattern? And do your projects also take a life of their own and scream for decoration?

4 comments:

Sylvie D said...

That is a gorgeous skirt

MindLess said...

@ Sylvie D: Thank you!

Laura Morrigan said...

wow! Amazing work! Swoons!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Thank you!