Thursday, May 28, 2015

WGT 2015 - Thursday and Friday

As every year, there were some minor problems with arriving in Leipzig. The German Bahn was not working properly, so the lovely Neisella picked me up at home. We did a little detour and had some traffic jam, but we made it in time for sushi (at Shiki Sushibar, which was okay) with some of the best dressed people at WGT. I still wonder how I ended up there... ;)

On friday, The options were to go to Viona's Victorian Village or visit the Vicorian Picknick. Due to the overabbundance of misbehaving photographers, we decided to give the Village a try. I seriously have no desire to feel like a zoo animal with having my pictures taking by everyone who can hold a camera and for reasons I do not dare speculating about! And I'm not alone with my opinion, as this German article shows...


Well anyway, the Victorian Village was slightly better than the Picknick photographer-wise, but althought he location was beautiful and the weather was great, it just did not feel right. I was sceptical beforehands when a costume contest was announced - as I do wear what I like for me and not to be compared with others. The atmosphere just felt off!

 photo IMG-20150522-WA00001_zpsqyqw75zv.jpeg

By the way, this was what I wore during the day, but I dressed way more casual in the evening to eat something at my favourite restaurant in Leipzig, Rizzi. Later on we tried to see Solstafir, but I left the actual concert after 2 songs. It was way to warm and corwded inside, but we just listened from right outside the concert hall and had a lovely chat between friends!

6 comments:

Fräulein Nachtschatten said...

Ich hatte das neulich schon gelesen, dass dieses Jahr das Viktorianische Picknick in einem gesonderten Bereich stattfinden soll...

MindLess said...

@ Fräulein Nachtschatten: Es gab beide parallel. Ich weiß nicht, wo ich nächstes Jahr hingehen würde. Irgendwie die Wahl zwischen Pest und Cholera: Viele Photographen oder keine Stimmung...

AvA said...

Ja, irgendwie Stimmung ist dort nicht aufgekommen :/ und den Kostümcontest fand ich doof

Laura Morrigan said...

I would love to see the Victorian village. Your outfit is gorgeous!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Beautiful dress, did you sew it yourself? You look very stunning as a blonde!

MindLess said...

@ AvA: Wir sind nichtmal bis zum richtigen Contest geblieben. Wir sind dann teilweise zum anderen Picknick oder zur Agra weiter gefahren... Ich weiß nicht, ob ich dort nächstes Jahr wieder hin gehen würde!

@ Laura Morrigan: It was kind of a disappointment, the people and location were nice but it somehow was still boring.

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Yes, I did in January! And thanks for complimenting the wig as well, I really liked being blonde, maybe they DO have more fun?!