Thursday, May 14, 2015

Prague - Part 2

After the general sight seeing, I also wanted to do some fabric shopping! I first went to Flex Tex, located behind Holešovická tržnice. Although the Internet told me the shop would be one the cheap side, I didn't find anything useful there. And the prices matched normal shops in Germany, so no need to buy "cheap". I did not take a picture, but the store is on the same street as Stoklasa, my Internet seller of rhinestones and trims!

 photo 20150507_152032_zpslmeulw7u.jpg

The second place (Latky Galanterie – corner of Budescka and Moravska – Vinohrady. Prague 2) I went to was unfortunately closed although I was there during the official selling times. There was also no sign saying anything about holidays (or rather no sign at all, my Czech is virtually none existant!)... Bummer!

 photo 20150508_142947_zpsb83yhbzr.jpg

Another sight I wanted to see was the ossuarium (bone church) in Kutna Hora.It is located about 75km outside Prague which was a train ride of about 1h each way. I had a book with me, so the time passed quickly and it was definetively worth the trip. The whole church is decorated with bones by monks in the 15th century! 



It was rather small, but very impressive. You should go there if you can! I paid about 12 Euros for the trip including the visit of the church...

I also visited the Mucha museum in Prague which was NOT worth the money spent. It cost about 10 Euros and we were done with it in 30 minutes. The pictures are nice, but I'd rather just recomment the Museum shop which showed the same pcitures and was free - if you can avoid buying stuff, that is...



4 comments:

Frau Shmooples said...

Das Ossarium sieht spannend aus! Bisher hat mich Prag nicht interessiert… Könnte nun anders sein xD

Sind das die Knochen der Mönche oder einfach irgendwelche Knochen mit denen die Mönche dekoriert haben?

MindLess said...

@ Frau Shmooples: Also ich mag Prag sehr gerne, es ist eine wunderschöne Stadt mit vielen interesanten Ecken. Und das Ossuarium ist etwas wirklich besonderes, habe ich so noch nie gesehen. Die Knochen sind aus einem Friedhof, der umgelagert werden musste. Die Knochen sind also nicht nur von Mönchen, sondern auch von normalen Bürgern und SOldaten!

Laura Morrigan said...

The bone church is wonderful! I would be honoured to be a part of one after death! To be an artwork forever!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Indeed, a glorious way to stay in this world forever!