Friday, May 1, 2015

Hooded shrug

While I'm currently not on the height of motivation, I still sew. A bit. It takes long because I make mistakes and get angry and have to step back from the sewing maching - unless to rip everything appart and use unholy spells on the machine... I'd love to get my sewing mojo running a bit more freely, but I guess I'll have to work with what I have!

The latest creation is a shrug with a gigantic hood. I was inspired by Bones and Lillies shrug hood she bought for last year's WGT and used the hoodie pattern by YourStyleRocks as a basis. The fabric is a very soft and thin black jersey and I used KAM Snaps as a closure:

 photo IMG_6889_zpsry9co6pm.jpg

See what I meant with gigantic?!

 photo IMG_6888_zpstrlbae8y.jpg

I had to use ruching to gather all the width of the hood into the neckband:

 photo IMG_6892_zpsbtocjeio.jpg

The extremely wide hood makes a nice drapey shawl when worn down:

 photo IMG_6891_zpsgcv78l1t.jpg

The hoodie is sleeveless and have been seamed all around with my beloved twin needle.

 photo IMG_6890_zpsxa5uekv0.jpg

How is your sewing/DIYing? Do you frantically try to finish  things before WGT (btw only 3 more weeks)? Or do you take a recreational break for spring?

9 comments:

Fräulein Nachtschatten said...

Dein Shrug sieht toll aus. Kann ich mir sehr gut als treuen Begleiter vorstellen.^^

MindLess said...

@ Fräulein Nachtschatten: Ja, er ist sehr kompatibel mit allen Klamotten. Und wenn ich Lust auf ein bisschen "satanisches Ritual" Styling hab, ist er genau richtig! ;)

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I love this!!! I am big into anything that drapes right now for some reason :)

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Well thank you! I'm also drawn to the "mysterious cult" looking things...

Jade said...

That looks gorgeous! :)

MindLess said...

@ Jade: Thank you!

Mara Macabre said...

Der Shrug ist ja der Hammer.
Darf ich dich nach dem Schnitt fragen?

MindLess said...

@ Mara Macabre: Das Ist der von your style rocks! Ich habe nur die Kapuze etwa 15 cm wieter und länger gemacht.

Mara Macabre said...

Danke dir :)