Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Yet another waterfall shirt

I'm producing waterfall shirts like there is no tomorrow! But in my defense: I bought a lot of jersey on the fabric market and it was destined to become shirts. So I made yet another Simplicity 1716 shirt:

 photo IMG_6820_zpsz5l452zc.jpg

 photo IMG_6821_zpsqm0396k9.jpg

All my shirts are usually finished with the twin needle, our little helper of the week. The seams stay elastic and look very professional - at least from the top. A true coverlock stitch might look better, but I won't buy yet another machine if the twin needle does a good job for me! This time I matched the thread for my stitching to the flowers and made it teal:

 photo IMG_6829_zpsqghpwlm0.jpg
 
What more can I say? I like the pattern, it suits me well and it does not take up too much fabric. And by tthe way, this shirt is a gift for my mum. She really liked the older shirts on me and asked me for the pattern. Instead of giving it to her and see her procrastinating before sewing it (How is your coat coming along, mommy? ;D), I just made one for her!

4 comments:

Ramona said...

haha im sure she will still be happy :-)

Neisella Nightshade said...

Ich nähe viel zu selten für meine Mama. Müsste ich auch mal wieder machen ^^

Ramona said...

uuund schwupp, wenn du magst - liebster blog award ^^ http://justkeepbrains.com/2015/04/03/liebster-award/

MindLess said...

@ Rammona: Ja, war sie! Sie hat es am Sonntag in Empfang genommen und es gleich probiert...

@ Neisella: Die freuen sich meistens sehr!

@ Ramona: Okay, dann erwähne ich dich auch...