Friday, March 13, 2015

Week in Review 11/2015

What did I see?
I saw two movies in the last week. "Jupiter ascending" was kind of awkward.I liked the visuals and the costumes although the story was neither exciting nor new. But the costumes and make up and pretty visual effects were worth watching it for me. My boyfriend deemed it the worst movie he ever saw... Then we watched "Kingsman: The secret service" and it was funny and well played. The story on this one is good and the jokes and style are really good. My boyfriend also loved it, so highly recommended!
After seeing amazing portraits of real people last week, this weeks sculptures are made by self-taught Alaskan sculptor Lee Cross, known professionally as Wood Splitter Lee.  Although many of them do not have naturalistic origins, they look so lifelike as if they could just jump into your lap, right?



What did I listen to?
Audiobooks and student's questions

What did I ask myself?
Why am I always sick on the weekends?

What did I read?
Nothing. Go me!

What did I work on?
Nothing as well, I was barely at home without sleeping

I was happy about...
Finally being able to sleep...

I was annoyed about...
Catching up with the flu wave currently spreading in Germany. Yay! -.-'''

I bought...
Chocolate. Being sick makes me decide stupidly...

9 comments:

Angelica said...

Jupiter Ascending hatte ich auch überlegt zu schauen...die Bilder sehen super aus, aber die Story klingt mir auch etwas zu schmatzig :D Ich werd wohl reingehen, aber ohne große Erwartungen..
Und die Figuren sind wunderwunderschön! Aber auch soo teuer D:

Gute Besserung dir :)

kakuidori said...

hab beschlossen die grippe dies jahr ausfallen zu lassen... dafür 2x magenzeug :-/ hoff dir gehts wieder besser und goooooooott die flauschemotte *__*

Jade said...

Those statues are amazing! I do hope you get rid of that flu quickly! :)

MindLess said...

@ Angelica: Jupiter Ascending würde ich alleine wegen der Klamotten der Bösewichte nochmal ansehen! Ich habe nur keinen mehr, der mit geht... ;) Vielen Dank für die Besserungswünsche!

@ kakuidori: Auch nicht so schön, aber krank sein ist immer Mist!

@ Jade: I hope so, too! And one of the fluffy creatures would definetively easy my pain... :)

The Professor said...

WHOA! Those sculptures are SO awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. And feel better sweetie!

Laura Morrigan said...

I have been dying for one of Lee's creations but I will never be able to afford one!

Jupiter Ascending does look pretty bad from what I have seen, ha ha. I really wanted to see Kingsmen but I don't think it's in the cinema anymore.

MindLess said...

@ The Professor: I wish I had one, but I think my cold will go away with or without one of the sculptures...

@ Laura Morrigan: Kingsman was just started in German cinemas I don't know about New Zealand though!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I agree about Jupiter Ascending. It looked pretty, but the storyline sucked. "Awkward" was a good way to describe it.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: I'm still hoping for a sequel because I love the style of the movie!