Monday, March 2, 2015

Steampunk Fair 2015

As I have mentioned in several sewing posts, the first Steampunk Fair was last Saturday. And we had a blast! I was almost hesitant to go (it was getting late and I was comfy on the couch and my boyfriend was to sick to go... Whiny excuses, you know?!), but ended up with a wig on my head and pretty clothes at the Jahrhunderthalle in Bochum. I've been there only once before during one of those Ruhr-events, but this time there was a huge line of people waiting. In brilliant costumes -most of the time!


 photo 20150228_1905311_zpsmyvb7nx7.jpg

As I have never been to the Jahrhunderthalle, I also never visited the indoor fair that -as I 've heard on the event- seems to be a regular annual thing including a gay night (didn't know they needed a special night?!) and a Rock and Roll night. This time, the last of three weekends was reserved for Steampunks. And boy, there were many of them! I heard they were even coming from outside Germany which I found kind of surprising (because the website was German only and little advertisement) and not (because Steampunk events are rare and they probably take what they can get). The fair was amazing - historical drives! For free (entry fee was 15 Euros, but after that you could ride the carousel for hours if you wanted to!)! With blink-y lights and music!

 photo 20150228_1942141_zpsynxmiruf.jpg

 photo 20150228_1942271_zpspeyu0tmg.jpg

 photo 20150228_2005171_zpsdoyerjnq.jpg
Caterpillar? Help?

And of course we had to visit all of them - well nearly, at least we tried. There was a carousel, a ghost ride (so funny!), a caterpillar (in German it is called Raupe which literally is caterpillar. A horizontal ride which moves fast and in waves? Guys, help me out!), a chairoplane, a Ferris wheel...

 photo 20150228_1949101_zpsdslrpdgp.jpg

 photo 20150228_2128301_zpseehvwax5.jpg
I swear the Ferris wheel grew when we got up there and it was much faster on our ride than all the rides before!
 photo 20150228_2128351_zpssxjkyzbu.jpg
My hat was to high for the ride, so he sat next to me...
Thanks to all the amazing people I met: Although the event was great in itself, you made it even better! I could not have had better company or more fun! photo IMG-20150301-WA00071_zpswuoew0lc.jpg








11 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Wait...what..? WHen did you go blond with short skirts..? :)

Madame Mari Mortem said...

You did an amazing job on your outfit!
The event looks like it was a blast-- I love carousels! Lucky lucky.

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: That always happens when I take a shower... ;)

@ Madame Mari Mortem: Thanks! It was grande, I'm already looking forward to next year. Then with my boyfriend who is biting his a*s for not being there!

Laura Morrigan said...

You look fantastic! I love your outfit! I need to ride a carousel again sometime!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Thanks! And everyone needs a carousel in his/hers life! They are so much fun...;)

Neisella Nightshade said...

Du hast toll ausgesehen! Nächste mal bin ich fit genug um dabei zu sein =)

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Das wäre super! Ich gehe bestimmt nochmal hin, ich liebe Karussels!

Ette Ett said...

Wow, was für ein Event, an den Karussells hätte ich mich wohl nicht satt sehen können (und die Raupe, ah, Kindheit!)
Dein Outfit ist toll geworden, und wie Misantropia schon sagte, ungewohnt kurz, steht dir aber sehr gut!

MindLess said...

@ Ette: Ich habe auch kürzere Röcke, ich bin ganz erstaunt dass ihr den Rock so kurz findet! Aber es war super, ich bin quasi die ganze Zeit gefahren!

Jade said...

That looks like so much fun! And blond wig suits you well! :D

MindLess said...

@ Jade: It was! And thanks for the compliment... *blush*