Monday, March 23, 2015

Little helpers: KAM Snaps tool

The tool I'll show you today is also relatively new in my tool box, but I still used it already with success: The KAM Snaps tongs (with snaps of course!)

 photo IMG_6806_zpsi5sb88mq.jpg

What is it good for?
The tongs insert KAM snaps into fabric, leather or paper. This is useful for bags - to close them with snap buttons which you don't have to sew in- and many bloggers use it for children's clothes. I used mine for bags and as decoration...


What does it cost?
The tongs were 20 Euros, but 50 buttons were already included. Usually, the snaps are 20 for 1 Euro, so quite cheap actually. There are also different forms (stars, hearts) available but I never looked after those so I have no idea if the prizes differ...

Who needs it?
 Actually, I don't know. I didn't really need it myself, because I could have used other snap buttons or a completely different kind of closure. Or clench my teeth and handsew some snap buttons in. But I don't like hand sewing and I liked the snaps that were used on my leather belt thingy. And I find them kinda cute and already used the tongs more than I thought. So this is more a gimmick, but if you have 20 Euros spare and need closures for bags or children's clothes, go for it!

3 comments:

Janina said...

Die Kam Snaps Zange hab ich auch, ist aber eher selten im Einsatz, da ich meistens Metalldruckknöpfe nehme - mit der Variozange natürlich ;)

Laura Morrigan said...

It does sound useful! Hand sewing snaps is such an awful, difficult job! Let alone finding a needle small enough!

MindLess said...

@ Janina: Stimmt die sind auch gut, aber ich finde die schwarzen Knöpfe aus Plastik auf schwarz manchmal besser. Und ich bin erstaunt, wie gut sie halten!

@ Laura Morrigan: I have good needles, but no good hand sewing skills (and no patience for it whatsoever)! ;)