Actually, I have no idea why I wanted it, but I had to have it. And to sew it. So I used some of the fabric I bought on the fabric market and got to work:
I tweaked the pattern a little with a snap button in the back for easier entry and exit of the dress. I also added some clear elastic in the sleeves for a permanent ruffled look:
I was so happy that I finished it with all stripes matching as well as possible - some pattern parts change direction, so it did not work everywhere. But then I realsied a huge mistake: When sewing the underdress, I wanted to avoid itchy seams on the inside. So I somehow put them on the outside - which looked really stupid and just plain wrong...
After some serious bad words and several days of not-looking-at-that-stupid-thingy, I took my trusty seam ripper and corrected my mistake. Now it looks really sweet and waits for some occasion to wear it out!
By the way, the pattern was rather easy - if you keep in mind which seams will be visible on the outside. I'd recommend a rather thin jersey because I don't like the ruffling in the back that much with my thicker jersey. It looks a little to prominent in my eyes... And any pattern will show off the directional changes very much, so be aware. But if you follow the instructions, this pattern is as easy as the pattern says!