Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Did I mention I try to reduce my fabric stash? Haul edition

I know, I know. I try to finish UFOs, I try to reduce my stash of fabrics and work with existing materials. I really have more than enoguh fabric to keep me sewing for at least 3 months. But somehow, I feel a bit like Dory from "Finding Nemo":


I visited my mum and she wanted to buy lining fabric for a coat she is working on (I swear it runs in the family). I simply couldn't resist taking some lonely and teary eyed fabrics with me! Then I visited a fabric market together with friends and went a little berserk, although I did not spend that much money. But I seriously need to sew something otherwise the fabrics take over my room!

The jerseys I got. I'd love to try some of the patterns I already own, but with the broken serger, currently not much sewing is happening -BTW it wasn't the power control. But I got a new one to find that out! Grrrr!- with stretchy fabrics. I have a certain thing for dots and stripes in case you didn't know yet (each 1.5m):

 photo IMG_6784_zpswhov5hkj.jpg

 photo IMG_6786_zpsfunpcvlu.jpg

I also got some remnants because. Well actually just because they were cheap and pretty and why not? Black thin cotton for historical stuff (2.5m). Black sweat fabric (1.5m) with white dots woven in for a sweatshirt. And more black sweat (2.5m) for a comfortable stay-the-night-in fishtail or dress. Not sure yet...

 photo IMG_6788_zpswafnu7fv.jpg

Grey stretchy satin with stripes (2m). The fabric is poly something, but it feels rather good and will make a perfect skirt lining!

 photo IMG_6790_zpsnyh71wz7.jpg

And the last bit: Fake fur (60cm x 20cm) with an amazing quality which I will use on a jacket from Ottobre 11/2013 if I ever get myself to copy the pattern. Pirate fabric for a gift (0.5m). And stretchy fabric for first underwear trials (1m).

 photo IMG_6789_zps7fpfb11r.jpg

And now I need to get some sewing done this week. Pronto!

11 comments:

kakuidori said...

*lol* vergiss es, es gibt dinge, die wird man nie in den Griff bekommen... BTW, ich werd mir demnächst für meine Bastelecke nen Regal kaufen, befürchte, dass dann auch massiv aufgestockt wird XD

Neisella Nightshade said...

Oh, Stoffe ^^ Mag ich :D

Sarah Harrington said...

I completely understand the addiction of purchasing fabrics the a lure is too much. I usually find I ogling the fabric, and when I regain conscious Ness I have a bag full of fabrics

MindLess said...

@ Kakuidori: Ich versuch daran zu arbeiten, das Problem ist nur: Entweder ich habe zu viele Stoffe oder zu viele Klamotten! ^^ Und viel Spaß beim Regalkauf und dem EInkaufen danach... ;)

@ Neisi: War klar! Du bist auch so eine Stoff-Hoarderin... ;)

@ Sarah Harrington: Or you go in for a zipper and return with 10m of diverse fabrics! What dot hey put in the air of fabric shops?! ^^

Janina said...

Ach, das kenn ich nur zu gut ;) Den grauen Leo hätte ich auch sofort adoptiert...
Och nee, ich hoffe du kriegst die Ovi trotzdem schnell repariert.

Ette Ett said...

Ach, wie schön dass ich nicht die Einzige bin, die Rückfälle hat *gg*
Ich brauchte "eigentlich" nur Vlieseline, heraus kam ich mit so ziemlich dem gesamten Restekorb des Geschäfts. Und jetzt trau ich mich nicht, diesen tollen Woll-Jersey zu zerschneiden, könnte ja noch ein besseres Projekt kommen *flöt*hust* naja, das alte Lied also...

MindLess said...

@ Janina: Falls ich ihn in einem Jahr nicht vernäht habe, schenke ich ihn dir... Es sieht gut aus, scheinbar läuft die Ovi wieder!

@ Ette: Ich versuche echt, dem zu wiederstehen. Aber ich habe schon wieder SToffproben bestellt! -.-'

Laura Morrigan said...

Just send me all the fabric, ha ha ha!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I'd love to, but if I ship them to New Zealand, I'd get in the package as well... ;)

Lynne said...

Haha, my spouse called me Hoarder when he saw how many patterns I own! I will be quitting my primary job soon and hope to start making inroads in my (even larger) stash!

MindLess said...

@ lynne: Good luck with decreasing the stash, mine always grows when I'm not looking (I swear it has nothing to do with me shopping, no sir!)...