Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Comfy pullover

I made a off the shoulder pullover from fabric I bought in Januray! The pattern I based it on was New Look 6813, view A. The pattern is for a t-shirt, but I made the hem a little wider and elongated the sleeves to end up with this:

 photo IMG_6823_zpsvzhxtqcz.jpg

 photo IMG_6824_zps5jbzojpc.jpg

The two buttons I added in front are purely decorative, I wanted to use my fancy glow in the dark KAM snaps! I'm all for clean and simple style in my every day wardrobe, but the buttons are cute!

 photo IMG_6828_zpswrbb3fya.jpg
Cute...

 photo IMG_6827_zps7aoouuht.jpg
... but not functional! ^^

On the back I added my label - on the outside, so my boyfriend asked me several times already if I wear the pullover inside out... -.-

 photo IMG_6825_zps3zrqvcnd.jpg

The sleeves end in a little self fabric cuff and are long enough to be pulled over my hands if it is cold or I need some extra comfyness!

 photo IMG_6826_zpsjtnrvg9g.jpg

Pattern review
I've sewn the pattern before and really like the raglan sleeves. This is my to go commercial t-shirt pattern!

8 comments:

Janina said...

Der sieht wirklich gemütlich aus, so einen will ich auch! Wusste gar nicht, daß es glow-in-the-dark Snaps gibt, cool :) Das Label mit der Spinne erinnert mich ein meine alten Webetiketten... ;)

Laura Morrigan said...

Oversized sweaters are the most comfy! I love the sparkles!

MindLess said...

@ Janina: Danke! Die Snaps habe ich zufällig bei einem Stoffladen gefunden, der pleite gegangen ist... Die Spinne ist eben eins der Designs bei Dortex (glaube ich) gewesen. Ich mache die nicht oft drauf, darum habe ich noch so viele! ^^

@ Laura Morrigan: Yes, they are! I love it and wear it a lot already!

linnea-maria said...

It looks great! I tend to read your blog and think of how fun it would be to start sewing again and then I put the thought neatly away back in an archive.

kakuidori said...

das mit dem eigenen etikett aussen ist auch ne tolle idee (pah, männer *hihi*)

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Thank you so much! You would not believe how often such a thing happens to me - I see people gardening or scrapbooking and think "What a nice hobby, I could try that as well". But I don't have time or space so I let it be and regret it a little sometimes...

@ kakuidori: Ach, er meint es nur lieb! Und ist doch besser er sagt was als dass ich die ganze Zeit mit falsch angezogenen Klamotten rumlaufe

Sintra said...

Der sieht ja cool aus, so einen will ich auch.

Das mit dem Etikett draussen find ich ne coole Idee, jetzt wissen auch alle wer du bist. *gg*

MindLess said...

@ Sintra: Den Schnitt kann ich dir geben und die Knöpfe hast du auch ^^