Monday, February 16, 2015

Hip bag for sports

I'm currently visiting the gym more often - not because of a New Year's resolution, but because I generally want to feel better in my skin. And while I try to carry as few things as possible, I need handkerchievs and either music or my ebook reader depending on wether I want to use the bike or crosstrainer for warm up. And carrying all in the hands gets mightily annoying. So I searched for free patterns for hip bags and came up with the (German) "Werkzauber Gürteltasche" pattern by Werkzauber.

 photo IMG_6731_zps71a0de7c.jpg

 photo IMG_6732_zpsb26b79b6.jpg

 photo IMG_6733_zps151fe0b3.jpg

I made view 2 and it went together very easily! I put the zipper in much to high because I failed to find where to put it. And I lacked fabric to make the whole belt strap from it, so I added satin ribbon. Don't judge, I'm obviously so goth that I don't have cotton one at home... ;)

This weekend my Kam Snaps arrived which I wanted for the closure of the front pocket (not the Velcro from the pattern) but unfortunately, the seller included the wrong colours. There was a little sample baggy which had one black and one purple cover, so I used those. I really wanted to see the bag in action and it held up great. Even my kindle fits inside!

 photo IMG_6760_zps68b3358c.jpg

While my bag doesn't look exactly like the picture on the front, the pattern is simple and the pictured instructions are pretty clear. If you find yourself in need of a hip bag, go ahead!

5 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

So cute and love the material!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Thanks! It is patchwork fabric I got for my quilt some years ago...

Neisella Nightshade said...

Ist die süß :-D

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: So wie du ;*

Neisella Nightshade said...

aww <3