Monday, February 23, 2015

Boring puffer

This week might be a tad slow because my serger broke yesterday and I have plenty of cut fabrics laying around but have a teeny-tiny problem sewing jerseys without the serger... But already on Friday I finished this Puffer inspired by the American Duchess:

 photo IMG_6766_zps96e3ce29.jpg

Like her's, mine is made from pre quilted fabric but I decided to go with the even more unhistorical version by adding elastic waistband. Now it fill fit however tight I'll lace my corset! And to make it more versatil, I chose a fabric which is black on one side and white on the other, so I can wear the Puffer with light and dark fabrics over it!

 photo IMG_6767_zpsa3a5e5a5.jpg

Actually, it was so easy to do that I finished it in a mere 30 minutes before work. I simply cut two rectangles from the fabric I bought, serged them together and seamed it with the serger as well. Then I sewed it to the elastic and called it a day...

Do you own a Puffer? I still have to wear it to learn how wonderful it is. Right now it just takes up space in my wardrobe! ^^

4 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Hmm you could even just wear that as a skirt, looks really interesting!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: You think I could? I never thought about that!

Neisella Nightshade said...

Ein Push-up für Röcke :D

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Boah, ich musste so lachen wegen dir! Aber irgendwie hast du ja Recht... ;D