Monday, February 9, 2015

Avant Garde shirt

After wearing a lot of colours lately, I was kinda surprised when I only bought black fabrics the last time I shopped. But well, the gothy-ness ebbs and flows with me! I feel more secure and more me in black, but sometimes I love to combine colours in my outfits... Maybe now is the black phase again?

Comes from here
Anyway, the shirt. I bought some netting with zigzag pleather strips and wanted to make a shirt from it. I chose a simple pattern (by taking one of my favourite shirts) because the fabric is crazy enough. We had some rough times while sewing - I ended up using a leather needle and took 10 minutes to get the tension right for the twin needle. But the end result looks cool and stylish:

 photo IMG_6714_zps8dd1a14d.jpg

 photo IMG_6716_zpsa7b91161.jpg

It is kind of strange to wear as the fabric is a bit stiff, but gets more stretchy when it reaches body temperature. I'll most likely wear it to a goth club soon, combined with skinny black pants and a black bra. Do you sometimes buy crazy fabrics?

8 comments:

Neisella Nightshade said...

Crazy fabrics sind bei mir dann die in rosa :D
Ich will das Outfit dann beim nächsten Ausgehen an dir sehen!

Janina said...

It seems like I only buy crazy fabrics or solid black. Yours is a combination of both, I like that!
I've been to the Stoffecke by the way and bought lots of black twill for screenprinting, some leopard scraps and more. The hall is really huge, but for some fabrics they only have a single piece.

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Aber gerne doch! Und rosa ist echt so ne Sache... Deine Kreuzstoffe würde ich auch darunter fassen.

@ Janina: Good to know that you found it! It's always luck wether you find something or not. And the small pieces are really annoying because you can't get back for more if the fabric is nice. But then again it is so cheap!

Ette Ett said...

Nein, so einen Stoff hab ich noch nicht gekauft, bei mir sind es oft ganz schlimme Drucke. :-D
Aber ich mag ihn, ist mal etwas anderes als nur Webmuster. Und der einfache Schnitt passt sehr gut dazu.

MindLess said...

@ ette: Aber schlimme Drucke sind auch cool! Ich verarbeite viel zu wenig Drucke. Und danke fürs Kompliment!

Laura Morrigan said...

That is a very cool fabric!

I like the cartoon, I was planning to post it soon on my blog too!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I liked it the minute I saw it!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

That is some awesome fabric!!