Friday, January 23, 2015

Week in Review 4/2015

What did I see?
After last weeks very classical looking marbles sculptures, this week is all about modern sociocultural criticism. This week a TV series from Norway came up in my newsfeed in which 3 Norwegian bloggers went to Cambodia to exprience the suffering of thrid world seamstresses. I found it quite moving how their opinion chnaged from "oh, the don't know it better so they don't suffer" to "This is absolutely inhumane, noone should have to live like that!"... 

In addition to that, Luis Quiles draws comics that are funny only on first view but are much deeper on a second glance...


What did I listen to?
"The hunger games" as an audio book

What did I ask myself?
Was this the right step?

What did I read?
A lot of papers again and job descriptions.

What did I work on?
A blouse.

I was happy about...
The lot of people who protested against a modern right wing group (Pegida), although the right wingers cancelled their march!

I was annoyed about...
My job.

I bought...
 Some make up by Clinique

1 comment:

Laura Morrigan said...

I have seen a few shows like that, I would love if all people who don't understand things like that had to make a similar trip. In Australia we had a show called Go Back Where You Came From in which people who hated refugees got to experience the real horror of being a refugee. I wish our prime minister had to do it too, he doesn't get it!