Monday, January 12, 2015

Totoro gift

For my friend Paisleystern I made a little gift this year. She is really into Hayao Miyazaki and like Totoro so I made her a little Totoro and some soot spirits so he is not alone. I was loosely insired by this tutorial (but you can see that I only took the initial idea and went crazy from there...)

 photo 20141129_154453_zps0f5aae27.jpg

 photo 20141129_154500_zps04808853.jpg

 photo 20141130_093226_zpsd6607970.jpg

I only used felt and a zipper. For the soot spirits I used a pompom maker and black fluffy wool. The goggly eyes are glued on...

5 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

What wonderful presents, I adore Totoro! I want to move into that old house and play with Totoro and help him plant trees!

Sarah Harrington said...

Gorgeous Totoro, your extremely talented, I have to admit,still haven't seen my neighbor totoro.

Neisella Nightshade said...

Ist das süüüüüüüüüüüß!

Jade said...

Ultra cute! :D

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I'd love to meet a real life Totoro as well!

@ Sarah Harrington: Thanks! You should watch it, it's a very sweet story!

@ Neisi: Ohhhhhh... *rotwerd*

@ Jade: Thank you!