Friday, January 30, 2015

Professor's Monthly Homework Assignment

The amazing curious Professor Z has returned to the blogosphere after handing in her PhD thesis and when this post is up, we can officially call her Dr. Z! She sacrificed some of her time to give us our monthly homwork again, this time the topic is to show our creative side:

There is now some extra time to finish projects and start new ones. This month's homework assignment, albeit a little late in posting, is to show your crafting/art/sewing/knitting/crochet works in progress and the projects that you want to tackle in the next few months. What's on your cutting table? What's in your knitting basket? Did you just buy four new skeins of yarn for that shawl you've been meaning to make? Is there a canvas in the corner of your room just begging for some paint? Show us what you've been up to and what you are planning. 
Oh boy, this is catching me on the wrong foot. Of course, like every seamstress, I have a list of stuff I'd like to sew. But since I'm not sure if I'll go to WGT this year, me not visiting Gala Nocturna or another opportunity to really dress to the nines, my motivation to sew grand robes is rather down. I still have the South Africa dress on my list which will most likely be completed this weekend and thus presented next week.

I plan to sew some things from the fabrics I bought, but I have not yet made concrete plans besides the shirt from the zigzag pleather and the poofer from the batting. Both are rather boring projects, but will be quick to finish. And I'd like to finish a hat and bolero matching the Flash Gordon bustle to wear at the Steampunk Fair in Bochum at the end of February. Now that I write about it, I seem to have more plans in mind than I thought! ^^

Since I post my finished stuff here in the blog whenever I can, I have nothing new and exciting to show here except a scarf I made form leftovers of the blouse I showed on Wednesday.

 photo IMG_6702_zpsaa85c537.jpg

But if you are new to this blog, please take a minute to read other posts and maybe you will find something you like...

12 comments:

Jade said...

That is a really nice scarf, though it is probably more an accessory, not for winter weather? :) I often think I should get me some accessory scarfs, I only have those you can use in minus 10 degrees. >_>

MindLess said...

@ Jade: I have a huge variety of scarfs for every weather. I love wearing them! ^^

Insomniac’s Attic said...

That is gorgeous fabric! Did you post a picture of the finished blouse? I'd love to see it.

You have the best events over there ... :)

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's attic: I posted the blouse two days ago, you can find it really easily!

Madame Mari Mortem said...

Plans are good! Sewing plans are better ;)
Can't wait to see what you're conjuring up!

Laura Morrigan said...

I like the scarf! I have nothing to show!

MindLess said...

@ Madame Mari Mortem: Thanks, you will see when you stick around!

@ Laura Morrigan: This was actually planned for not having much to show, I just happened to finish the scarf much quicker than I thought...

The Professor said...

*Snicker* I follow all of your projects and I'm always intrigued by what kinds of things you sew. And thank you for the shout out! Sending you lots of love from snowy NYC!

Thanks for participating!

MindLess said...

@ Professor Z: It was a pleasure, as always!

Janina said...

Oh, I was a little late for this one, but thanks for introducing me to another crafty blog with a PhD ;)
I also love wearing scarfs - most of the time. I'm still impressed by the outfits you have sewn the past years and I'm curious to see what comes next.

spyderkl said...

That scarf is lovely! I really like the blouse too. Beautiful work!

MindLess said...

@ Janina: Thank you! I'm so fluttered! We have very different styles but sewing brings us together. And I love to hear that you made it professionally...

@ Spiderkl: Thanks!