Wednesday, January 28, 2015

La Maison Victor - Blouse Billie

When I brought the two sewing magazines from Amsterdam, I already said which patterns I'd like to sew first. One of them was the Billie blouse in the La Maison Victor magazine. I rarely sew chiffon because it is a horrible, horrible fabric, but when I saw this Chiffon with Panters on it (Yay, crazy cat lady!) for cheap (Yay for not caring if it doesn't work out!) in Bremen when visiting a friend together with Sintra, I instantly knew what to use it for!

Fast forward a few weeks (Christmas... ;) ) and imagine me in my room, putting the fabric on the floor for cutting and fetching the sewing magazine from my stash. I stepped back, slipped on the magazine and - twisted my ankle! Bummer, I tell you. It took me weeks to be able to walk properly again and sew, the pattern somehow developed into a boss enemy. I was somehow afraid of starting it again, however stupid this may sound. But now I conquered it:

 photo IMG_6696_zps1154cc02.jpg

 photo IMG_6697_zpsb26207ee.jpg

I am not sure if I will wear this in public with the cats on it. But the pattern fits - no wonder because it is really loose. The fabric was horrible as ever, but the pattern went together smoothly and looks like the pictures. I added some mother of pearl buttons that matched the colours:

 photo IMG_6698_zps5f956321.jpg

Would you wear this blouse for work? With a top underneath?

9 comments:

Pixel Pixie said...

Yeah, I'd wear it to work with a plain black t-shirt or tank under it. It's cute!

Madame Mari Mortem said...

Chiffon is a pain in the rear... getting the tension on my machine just right is what grinds my gears--mostly because I hate messing with tensions lol.

It's a cute top, I can see it in a fierce outfit-- tucked and poofed into a pleather high waisted hobble skirt with a flared vent, and a skinny braided belt to top it all off.

Ette Ett said...

I would go with very subtle black for the rest of the outfit, but yes, I would wear it.
And I know exactly what you mean. Something happens and the whole project feels cursed, the two possibilities then being face it and break the curse or let fate decide and throw it away (because it wasn't "meant to be"). Oh, this sounds weird and I don't mean it as esoteric as it sounds. But it is so hard to get these negative connotations out of the head once they are in.

MindLess said...

@ Pixel Pixie: I would not wear it without anything underneath at work! ;)

@ Madame Mari Mortem: Chiffon will never be my favourite fabric, but it looks so nice! I don't have a leather hobble skirt - yet! But I could make one, the outfit sounds great...

@ Ette: It is indeed rather the own mind that makes the project fail. I totally see your point: There is no bad spirit about the blouse, but in my mid the connotation is bad. But maybe that will go away!

Laura Morrigan said...

I am not surprised you were scared to go back to it when it tried to kill you! Great work though!

Neisella Nightshade said...

Kätzchen <3

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Thank you!

@ Neisi: Gemeingefährliche Killerkatzen! ^^

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I would for sure wear this to work! The people I work with love cats as well, they would think it was awesome! I would wear a black tank top underneath it, though!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Maybe I should just try. But then again it is kinda cold right now... Anyway, if I don't wear it, my mum said she would take it! ^^