Monday, December 22, 2014

More knitting - Hats this time

As we have several knitting frames in different sizes, I made some other tings as well. The second largest frame is perfect for hats, so I made a hat for Paisleystern for her birthday (and forgot to take a picture before giving it to her) and two hats for my dad and his girlfriend:

 photo IMG_6630_zps27e87b4f.jpg

As you can see I played one of them very safe (the blue one for my dad) and made a very plain hat. On the other one I tried something new: I knitted two wools at once to make a two coloured rim and I added a pompom! I had a fancy pompom maker which I bought from Idee (a notions shop here in Germany).

 photo IMG_6631_zps0596757a.jpg

I hope they will like their self made Christmas gifts, but I will have to wait a few more days to hear their response!

2 comments:

Insomniac’s Attic said...

I knitted my first hat this winter for my daughter's Christmas present. Wish I had a fancy pompom maker - I ended up using an empty toilet paper roll and it doesn't look nearly as nice as yours! LOL

I like your hats, and I'm sure their recipients will too. Homemade with love is best. :)

Laura Morrigan said...

Wow, these look great! Merry xmas!