Friday, November 7, 2014

Week in Review 45/2014

What did I see?
When I was in Rome (quite some time ago), I saw many beautiful marble statues. I loved the way the old artists were able to make the marble look soft and touchable like skin or soft fabrics! And now I find on the internet that the current artist Livio Scarpella made more such statues and even added precious stones to the:





What did I listen to?
John Sinclair audiobooks!

What did I ask myself?
What country is next? ;)

What did I read?
This week I read the Maze Runner books by James Dashner. I was again surprised by the closeness of book and movie although the book handled some parts better in my eyes. For example the boys in the book use swearwords and try to flirt with the only girl. But I'm not quite sure wether I can recommend the books. The story is rather simple about a messias figure who accepts a lot of things (and pains and horrible happenings) without much question. And the scientific background was not very satisfying for me as a scientist. But the storyline is interesting nevertheless!

What did I work on?
A dress and two shirts...

I was happy about...
Being back with my better (or worse?) half!

I was annoyed about...
Not being traveling any more

I bought...
Jewelry and some fabric and Biltong and gifts

3 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Those sculptures are really amazing. I love the fabric effect and the jewelled stones over the chest. I can't imagine making anything that real looking from stone! I have tried to chisel stone before and it is really hard to do!

Jade said...

Those statues are lovely! I too adore marble and that people are able to create things of it. I've heard it is a really tricky material to work with. :)

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I only ever tried very soft stones but I could never make anything with such detail!

@ Jade: I would guess so! But I'm glad that nowadays at least few persons can still work with marble.